Sunday, May 3, 2009

Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge [SSSC16]

{Now with updated photos.} You're not going to believe this! My digital camera took its last breath just as I was trying to take photos of this card I finished for Karen Giron's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge. The only think I could do was to scan my card but of course you can't see any of the detail, especially the gorgeous shiny bamboo. I'm crazy about pandas so I thought I would use this set which I haven't used in a while. I'm hoping to have time to buy a new camera tomorrow so I can show the card better. The card itself is silver and there's a striped texture to the red frame which I cut with my Fiskars Deluxe Portable Trimmer. I embossed the bamboo in three different greens and raised the panda's head off the paper to give the card more dimension. I don't have an oval punch yet so I cheated by printing an oval on my computer, stamped the sentiment in it and then cut it out.

Here's Karen's sketch:
And here's my card:
{I'm celebrating the purchase of my new camera with these photos!}


Sources: Essence du Papier, Staples and unknown cardstock; Local King Rubber Stamp panda bear set; Memories Black ink; Copic markers; Color Box pigment ink; Old Island Stamp Co. clear embossing powder; Hot Boss embossing heat tool; SU! brads; Generations dimension squares

1 comment:

Karen Giron said...

Wow, this is beautiful! I love the bold red against the silver paper - it's stunning! Great job - love the oval over the frame :)