Saturday, August 14, 2010

CAS79: Grow Love

Hello, and thanks for stopping by today! I hope you're enjoying the weekend so far! I used the leftovers from making these cards to make a second card for this week's CAS79 Challenge: Gardens. I had die cut the flowers in all three sizes thinking I would use them but the large ones just didn't fit into the sketch. I cut this card at 4.25" x 5" and hung the chartreuse flower 0.75" off the edge to make this a 5" square card. The flourish stem(s), flowers and polka dots are Papertrey Ink, and the hearts and sentiment are Unity. The sentiment is one I hadn't inked yet and I thought it would be perfect for this week's garden theme. The hearts in the centres of the flowers are from the wings of the owls shown in this card. See you again soon!

Sources: SU Kraft & Naturals Ivory cardstock; Unity June 2010 Kit of the Month - Fly Free; PTI Fancy Flourishes; PTI Polka Dot Basics II; SU Pink Passion, Kiwi Kiss, Taken With Teal & Crumb Cake inks; Memento Tuxedo Black ink; PTI Beautiful Blooms II #2 die collection; PTI 100% wool felt in Raspberry Fizz, Hawaiian Shores & Simply Chartreuse; QuicKutz Epic Six; McGill 1-1/4" circle punch; Glue Dots mini dots & pop up relief; Ranger Diamond Stickles

7 comments:

G Peplow said...

Oh yes! Very sweet, I'd like them growing in my garden! Great card:)
Thank you for popping over to my place, glad you liked the hunky dory, it made me giggle too:) xx

Angela said...

Great card for the challenge. I still haven't gotten to this one yet. Maybe tomorrow? Love the stickles on the swirl!!
PS - still have the pti sets. still want one? I don't know how to manage PayPal from the seller's end...but I could learn :) Or we could barter or something.

Janna Werner said...

Think it´s about time you get my adress =)))
Anyone who gets those cards should be very happy.

Janna

Lindsey said...

Brilliant card! Sneaking those little hearts on there is the perfect touch!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

This is super duper sweet, Emily! Love how the flowers go off the card base!

suzARTe said...

this card is really really lovely.

Sunghee said...

beatiful!