Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Birthday Wishes

My generous friend, Shannan, is having a birthday four days after mine so I had to quickly whip up a card for her and get it in the mail. Shannan is another former co-worker of mine from 2006 when we worked in business development for a Big Four audit firm. We quickly became friends based on our shared love of animals, concern for the environment, expensive drinks at Wine Bar, and the fact that we're both makeup artists in a past life.

For Shannan's card, I basically had two choices: animals or fashion. I couldn't decide whether Shannan loves her five ferrets more than her thousand dollar Christian Louboutin shoes. :Þ So I decided to use one of the adorable prints Meg sent me last week. This sweetie named Annie is pretty fashionable and was so much fun to colour! I'd never used a label in this way and I love the way it looks. I popped the notebook page as well as the image and I couldn't help but add baker's twine. I hadn't used the Cappuccino colour yet and it was perfect for this card.

I haven't been able to get into Splitcoaststampers for at least three days now. Is anyone else having this problem???

Sources: SU Kraft, So Saffron & Tempting Turquoise cardstock; Luvvie by Leanne Ellis for Sugar Nellie; Ippity Book It; PTI Fillable Frames #4; Unity July 2010 Kit of the Month - Happily Ever After; SU Cherry Cobbler ink; Memento Rich Cocoa & Tuxedo Black inks; Copics; PTI Fillable Frames #4 die; QuicKutz Epic Six; The Twinery baker's twine in Cappuccino; Stampin' Dimensionals

10 comments:

Alice said...

too cute! i LOVE Annie and you colored her so beautifully!! super card! i have no problem getting to Splitcoast... hope you find the problem soon!

Meg said...

So cute!!! I knew you'd make something adorable with those images!!

I haven't had any splitcoast issues recently.

In other news, $1000 shoes??!?

G Peplow said...

Great card Emily, brilliant colouring and design:)
This is an image by Leanne Ellis a Welsh artist I discovered her art couple of years ago and was blown away by it, have you heard of her? Her web page is

http://www.leanne-ellis.blogspot.com/

if you have a minute have a look, I love her art the detail and imagination are impressive. I'm probably preaching to the converted but you may not know of her work and it might not be to your taste.
I've had no problem with Splitcoast but I'm a newbie there!:0) xx

Angela said...

More gorgeous coloring! I'm sure if I could see the soles of Annie's shoes, they'd be Louboutin red :)
Oh, and I got my first Twinery order the other day -- all your twiney projects sold me!!

Vicky Hayes said...

Beautifully coloured and such a clean, elegant layout too. Love it!

Lindsey said...

Too, too, TOO cute! Great colours, love the kraft base :) and then there's that twine again!
And no problems for me on SCS either. Weird.

Cookie said...

Adorable as always!! LOVE your coloring, layout and of course the cutting is superb!! Have a great week! Hugs...Cookie

Jennifer said...

Love your ADORABLE card!! Just PERFECT!! I'm sure your friend will LOVE it!!! (=
(no problems with SCS here)

Saskia said...

Beautiful card... so sweet!

Saskia :)

Smita said...

Gorgeous coloring and super cute card.