Wednesday, September 22, 2010

So Grateful... and Birthday Blog Candy Winner

My treasured friend Anna from San Diego sends me See's Candies and bath products from Bath & Body Works every year for my birthday. One of my favourite sweets from See's are the Awesome Walnut Square Bars and she always includes them in my package. Have you had them? They're divine! We now have Bath & Body Works in Canada so Anna sent me a gift card. However, the store manager told her that it would be valid in Canada but it isn't! Believe it or not, the same thing happened when my mother-in-law purchased a Home Depot gift card in the U.S. for my husband to use up here on his birthday. These stores need to get their act together!
I could use my gift card online but the shipping costs to Canada are utterly ridiculous. Those of you who know me well know that I will not pay for shipping if I can help it so I won't be going that route. Even though the gift card doesn't expire, I don't have any planned trips to the U.S. in the near future so who knows when it will be used. Anna and I decided that I would send the card back to her, in which case she'll read the riot act to the store manager that sold it to her and send me something else. ;)

To show Anna my appreciation and to thank her for all the trouble, I whipped up this super-CAS card to send the gift card back. Anna's my avian-loving friend so this beautiful image and sentiment (uninked until now) from Unity's June 2010 KOTM was perfect for the occasion. I used clear rhinestones in three sizes and black glitter to fill in the circles on the bird.
And, now, for what you've all been waiting for! I enjoyed reading all your favourites and reminiscing about the cards I made in the past. My son picked the winner of my birthday blog candy and she is...

Congratulations, Bonita! Please email me by Monday, September 27th, midnight EST with your complete mailing address and let me know which large rubber set and three digital images you would like from Pink Cat Studio and I will have Melissa mail them directly to you! If I don't hear from you before midnight on Monday, I will choose another winner.
Thank you all for visiting my little blog and leaving love. I appreciate every comment. They make me smile and I'm so grateful (just as today's card says) for all the friendships I've made in blogland. I hope you all have a wonderful evening! I'm off to have a beer with my husband and watch Survivor: Nicaragua and the season premiere of Criminal Minds. :) See you tomorrow for a fun fall Pink Cat Studio digi release!
Sources: GinaK pure luxury Kraft cardstock; Unity June 2010 Kit of the Month - Fly Free; SU Cherry Cobbler ink; Memento Tuxedo Black ink; SU Basic Rhinestones; Ranger Black Diamond Stickles; SU 1-3/8" circle punch






5 comments:

btenn said...

Another simple and beautiful card. Where do you get your inspiration? Each of your cards is always so different from the next, but your definitely have your own style.

And, thanks so much Emily! This is so exciting!

I hope you have had a great birthday week!

Bonita

Lindsey said...

Gorgeous! Perfect use of bling. Are you entering this in Susan's OLW challenge this week?

Alice said...

simply beautiful! i am sure your friend will love this! =)

Vicky Hayes said...

How odd that the store manager didn't know the card wouldn't be valid in Canada! Hope it all gets sorted out for you. I love the colours and the simplicity of your card.

Jennifer said...

LOVE the clean look of this!! Kraft is my FAVORITE!! (=