Thursday, November 25, 2010

Give Thanks

Happy Thanksgiving to all my family and friends in the U.S.! I hope you have a wonderful day celebrating. Today's card shows my appreciation for all of you who have given me so much inspiration! I used Amber Ink's Hostess with the Mostess which I now have in the clear stamp version. I paper pieced the hostess' apron, dress and shoes with Amber Ink iPapers and coloured in the rest of her with Copics. After stamping the background using two sentiments from Unity's September Kit, I adhered the hostess to the card base with dimensionals. Enjoy your turkeys and all that is good in life!

Sources: GinaK pure luxury Kraft cardstock & 120lb pure luxury White cardstock; Amber Ink iPapers in Cocktail Conga-Pink: Tiny & Bubble Fizz-White: Tiny; Amber Ink Hostess with the Mostess; Unity September Kit of the Month - When I Am With You; SU Crumb Cake ink; Memento Tuxedo Black ink; Copics; Stampin' Dimensionals

10 comments:

Lindsey said...

Awesome card! Your paper-piecing is perfect, especially how you did the apron! Colouring is fab, as always. (Funny, I never look like that after I've spent the afternoon making a turkey dinner! :P)

G Peplow said...

Hi Emily, have a wonderful day, love your beautiful card:0) xxx

Karen B. said...

Love your card and love those pink shoes! I want some!

Angela said...

Dude, you are a cutting machine! But it's worth it -- all that piecing is amazing!

Thanks for the Thanksgiving wishes, too -- I am stuffed! Stuffed and thankful. Not bad!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

This is a fab card, Emily! I know I ate way to much turkey and stuffing today! I love the stamping you did in the background, too! :)

Vicky Hayes said...

I love the bright hostess on the muted background. That background is beautifully stamped!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I love this Emily. The background is beautifully done and I love the paper piecing - your cutting is always so perfect and neat! x

Alice said...

wow! love love love the stamped background and her paper pieced dress is fabulous! superb card, Emily! hope you have a fabulous weekend! =)

Meg said...

Fabulous Thanksgiving card! Looks like she's walking right off of Mad Men! Love your sentiment background, too!

Sunghee said...

Oh my~~!!! I really really LOVE this card! Love all the word stamped background and how the black sentiment stand out. And the combination with the coloring and the use of digi papers are just brilliant! You are sooo awesome!