Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Happenings of the Heart

I haven't been feeling too crafty in recent days but I do have some things to share with you! Those of you who are fans of The Twinery already know that 23 talented ladies were named to the inaugural design team and I was one of them!! I'm still pinching myself! Some of you may have noticed that I've had the design team badge on my side bar for a few days but I figured it was time for a formal announcement. :) Details of the design team will be up on The Twinery's blog soon and I will be announcing a very special offer on Black Friday, so stay tuned!

I bought a bunch of cute jammies for my son since he's outgrown most of the ones he had. The best one is this one because it has pandas on it. :Þ This photo doesn't show the panda wearing a reindeer tee but you can see the reindeer wearing a panda tee. There are so many different animals on it, including giraffes, tigers and raccoons. My son loves to say, "Bear hold pengwee!" referring to the polar bear holding a penguin. When he wears this, he's too busy looking at his jammies to pay attention to where he's going. LOL

I also haven't talked about Pit'r in a while! The vet gives her the cutest bandaids after her chemo treatments. Heehee. Pit'r had a rough two weeks earlier this month which was really stressful for us but she's doing incredibly well now. We think she's finally turned the corner and only has about four chemo treatments left. She used to like a lot of different flavoured foods but ever since she started chemo, she will only eat Fancy Feast Grilled Salmon in Gravy. Now that she's finally feeling better, she's been eating like crazy (trying to gain weight and grow back lost whiskers)! Whenever there's a sale, I have to buy every single can they have in that one flavour. The cashiers must think I have ten cats. LOL

Lastly, I wanted to share a few of my favourite things during the holidays, like new and limited edition foods. :Þ I love anything with cranberries and even snacking on Craisins so why wouldn't I love these cookies, right? The tartness of the fruit makes the cream less sweet which is so nice. The LCBO is our provincial liquor store (our supermarkets don't sell alcohol) and it releases about six of these magazines throughout the year. They are packed with reviews on alcoholic beverages, music, cool kitchen gadgets and includes some of the best recipes all around! Here are some of my favourites from this edition:

That's it for today. I hope to have something crafty for you soon but, if I don't, keep in mind that there will be not just one (as I mentioned at the start of this post) but two fun and fabulous announcements on Black Friday!! The Pink Cat Studio digi release will be taking place on Friday instead of the regularly scheduled Thursday. Hint, hint. ;)

14 comments:

Yvonne Russell said...

Congratulations. Wonderful news and I love the Twinery products. Will check out their blog.

Karen B. said...

Yeah! Congratulations Emily!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

Hooray! congrats on the DT! Can't wait to see what their black friday sale is! :)

~amy~ said...

woot woot!!! super ginormous congrats!

Karin said...

Congrats to you :)

Angela said...

Congrats (of course), and I'm so glad to hear that Pit'r's in good shape -- she's so cute! As are the jammies. Everything else just looks tasty!
(btw, Dexter only likes one flavor of food too -- I also look like crazy cat lady when it goes on sale!)

Smita said...

Congratulations!! And I love every pic in this post :-)

Hugs,
Smita

Tee said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family and big big Congrats to you! Love the little band aid, even that is giving me ideas for a card!! I am nuts!

Lindsey said...

Those jammies are the cutest! Pandas AND penguins, couldn't get much better. :D I'm looking at the apple cranberry tea cake in Food and Drink, too. Yum. And may I recommend the PC spanikopita? Delish. Great. Now I'm hungry... :P

G Peplow said...

Hi Emily, thought you'd been a bit quiet:0) congratulations on your new post, looks like quality twine. Snazzy jammies no wonder your son's distracted:0)
Ooh, I'm glad Pitr is doing ok, it must be costing an arm and a leg in vet fees, don't even want to think about that:{
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family:0) xx

Janna Werner said...

coolio! grats Emily!

Janna

Pam said...

Oh Em, I hope we didn't burn you out! You are so amazing! Glad Pit're is doing well. Looking frwd to Black Friday! Happy Days ahead!

Alice said...

congrats on making the team!!! so excited for you! and soooooo very happy to know that Pit'r is doing better. she is a pretty girl! please give her a good scratch wherever she enjoys the best for us all! our two cats are happy that she is feeing better and eating well! =)

Meg said...

Woohoo!! Way to go on being a Twinery Team member!! That is awesome!

Even more awesome is hearing that Pit'r is doing better! Hope you find lots and lots of grilled salmon food!

Even more awesome than that are those PJs!!! They remind me of Olive the Other Reindeer--teehee!