Thursday, February 17, 2011

Pink Cat Studio ~ Feb 17th Digi Release!

Welcome to the next Pink Cat Studio fairytale release! If you're a big fan of colouring, we have a couple of surprises for you today! As you can see, we're celebrating the story of Rapunzel. Lily's long, luscious locks and Billy's steed aside, the wannabe architect in me just loves the tall tower! I'm not going to lie. It took a long time to colour but I had fun and it was extremely satisfying!

I always start with the flesh tones so that means Lily's face and arms, and Billy's hands and nose. I can't help but giggle when I look at this digi of Billy reaching up. Melissa somehow always manages to capture fine details in cute. She's an amazing artist!

Then I coloured in the hair and Lily's braid was so much fun to colour! Next were the flowers in her hair, the one in the bird's mouth and all the flowers in the bushes.

After that, I coloured in Lily's dress, the birds themselves and the bushes but not necessarily in that order.

Then I moved to Billy. Look at those cute hands! LOL And, of course, the fact that you can only see his nose makes it even funnier. ;) I wanted to tie in the colours from the tower image to Billy so I made his cloak purple to match the birds and his puffy shirt and pants to match Lily's golden hair. The pin that holds the feather is red to match the flowers.

Here's a photo from the top of the tower to give the impression of height. The tower itself was the last to be coloured. Rather than using one of the digi sentiments (which are always free), I used an impression plate with text for the storybook feel. After all, a picture is worth a thousand words, right?

Thanks for enjoying today's release with me! As always, there is plenty of inspiration on the Pink Cat Studio Blog or on the DT blogs whose links are on my sidebar. Be sure to swing by again next Thursday for the best Pink Cat Studio digi release ever. ;)

Sources: SU Basic Grey cardstock; Gina K Designs 120lb pure luxury white cardstock; Pink Cat Studio Lily as Rapunzel; Pink Cat Studio Rapunzel's Prince; Copics; Papertrey Ink Book It impression plate; QuicKutz Epic Six; Stampin' Dimensionals

23 comments:

Ujjwal said...

Ohh so cute and adorable, Emily! What a beautiful image and you colored it so wonderfully!!

Angela said...

Whoa. i mean, your coloring skillz always stun me, but this one? So amazing! Plus, those images are really cute :) Great job!

farmhouse-story said...

adorable images, emily! the impression plate is a perfect bkgd for this!

Karin said...

Amazing coloring! Is there any style of card that you cannot make?! Love the size of this card too :)

Vicky Hayes said...

I love the way you manage to make cutesy cards look classy Emily! The impression plate background is a great touch.

Shauna K said...

how ADORABLE!!! the impression plate was a great idea, because it totally give the effect of brick! super cute and fabulous coloring :D

Erin said...

The picture IS worth a thousand words! Such wonderful coloring ability you have Emily!!!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

OMGosh! This is so adorable, Emily! LOVE it! My son just screamed, "Look! It's Tangle"! :0)

Wendy ten Hove said...

Hi hi, this is fun!!! What an adorable image this is, love your coloring and it totally gets all the attention, with the dark background, perfect!!!
Hugs, Wendy

Alice said...

love the subtle texture on the card base and this is such a fun card! love how you colored the image, too! super work as always, Emily!

Cheryl said...

Fabulous card! I love the embossing you added.

Lindsey said...

Love this tower-tall card for Rapunzel! The embossing on the tower itself adds the perfect texture, and as Ang said, your colouring really is stunning.

Gwen said...

Emily, oh, this is just so much fun! And my grandgirls love Rapunzel! Can I ask which gray Copics you used on the tower? I need to get more grays and like the looks of this. You did an amazing job!

Smita said...

Awwwww!!! So cute! Aaryan and I enjoy reading Rapunzel - he is somehow very happy seeing the witch :D and I have to show him this card :)

Hugs,
Smita

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love the Bookplate impressions plate on that card, great job.

kasia c. said...

Emily this is amazing! Your colouring is fantastic and I love the way you tied all the colours together. :)

Janna Werner said...

too cute! although I am always glad no one tries to climb on my hair ;-) Janna

Jennifer said...

What a fun release!! LOVE your adorable card!! Great coloring and embossing!!! (=

Brenda said...

Stunning! Perfect colouring! My daughter would love this card, we saw the movie together, I'm not sure which I did most of, cry or laugh! But Billy was hilarious!

G Peplow said...

Fabulous colouring Emily, love the stamps:0) xxx

Meg said...

Oh my! What a perfect storybook card!! All your coloring certainly paid off because it looks stunning!!

Noah Zimmerman said...

Aren't these just the cutest and oh so fun to color? Your coloring work is amazing... love all of the close up shots. Great job!

Sunghee said...

I love these images and your layout is awesome! Cute! Cute! Cute!!!