Thursday, February 24, 2011

Pink Cat Studio ~ Feb 24th Digi Release!

Welcome to one of the most anticipated Pink Cat Studio digi releases ever! This post is filled with gnomey goodness so make yourself comfy and enjoy. I went with a modern folk theme for my cards this week to show you that you don't have to stick to gnomey themes with these images. They are so cute, they will work with just about anything!

First up is a card using the little girl from the gnome family, Lulibell. I love her with the little deer! I paired her up with one of my favourite sentiments from Unity's One of a Kind. Gnomes are funky, aren't they? LOL Then I embellished this card with stickers from Echo Park's A Walk in the Park Collection. I popped Lulibell on to the card base with foam adhesive and rounded one corner of the card.

Next up is a card using the little boy from the gnome family, Finnbert. Don't you just love the names Melissa has given these gnomes? I paired him up with a sentiment from Unity's Boys Will Be Boys and the 'caution' part gave me the idea of pairing up black and yellow baker's twine from The Twinery. My son was driving me batty the day I made this and his craziness inspired this background.

After I popped Finnbert on to the card base with foam adhesive, I felt that the card needed an anchor so I die cut some patterned paper from Echo Park's A Walk in the Park Collection with the notebook edge die from My Favorite Things, something I hadn't used yet.

Finally, here are the parents (who could also double-up as grandparents), Ninbert and Gladibell! I thought I'd use them to make a cute little anniversary card. Aren't they adorable? I can see them welcoming you to a new home, to the neighbourhood, just to say hello and thanks... pretty much anything! Who knew gnomes could be so versatile, eh? :)

Oh my, this release was so fun to colour and all of these gnomey images just make me smile. Imagine all the sentiments you could pair with them! I hope you've been inspired. If not, or if you need more inspiration, just head on over to the Pink Cat Studio Blog or click on the DT links on my sidebar. Have a wonderful day!

Sources for Lulibell card: Gina K Designs pure luxury kraft & 120lb pure luxury white cardstock; Pink Cat Studio Lulibell & Deer; Unity+Melody Ross One of a Kind; Copics; Memento Tuxedo Black ink; SU Tempting Turquoise ink; Echo Park A Walk in the Park Collection Element Stickers; EK Success 1-3/8" circle punch; Stampin' Dimensionals

Sources for Finnbert card: Gina K Designs pure luxury kraft cardstock & 120lb pure luxury white cardstock; Echo Park A Walk in the Park Collection Element Cards (reverse side); Pink Cat Studio Finnbert & Deer; Unity+Echo Park Boys Will be Boys; Memento Tuxedo Black ink; SU Wild Wasabi ink; Copics; SU paper piercer; SU silver brads; The Twinery baker's twine in Lemondrop & Charcoal; My Favorite Things Notebook Edge die; QuicKutz Epic Six; Stampin' Dimensionals

Sources for Ninbert and Gladibell card: Gina K Designs 120lb pure luxury white cardstock; Pink Cat Studio Gnome Couple; Verve Text Objects; Memento Tuxedo Black ink; Copics; Stampin' Dimensionals


31 comments:

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Oh these are adorable, great coloring, fun use of twine and I love all the white on the last one!

Smita said...

Aww awww aww aww.... these are soooooo cute!! Love each card more than the other :)

Hugs,
Smita

Ujjwal said...

Aweeee...these are so darn cute :)

Melissa said...

Fantastic cards Em! Great job!!

Janna Werner said...

Emily-Genius :D I love all of these cards, but the top one is my fav. Love the colour combos and the stories ur card tell. I "know" you nearly one year and you still inspire me with everything you do. Thanks so much for that! Janna

Angela said...

Little-known fact: I really love gnomes. Hence, I loved these images even before I saw your samples. After seeing what you did with them, I may be a tad obsessed. Awesome job!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Omg Emily these are so adorable very last one!!!!!

~amy~ said...

LOVE them...they are all soooo stinkin' CUTE!!!

Sunghee said...

Aw, aw, aw~~~~ so cute!!! Love how you used the twines and love how you popped up the gnome couples. CUTE!!!

Brenda said...

Oh my! I cannot stop myself from getting all gooye over your designs! Seriously, look at Mr & Mrs Gnome! Seriously! This is incredible, because of you and your post I just feel like giggling like a silly girl all day! So happy!

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

Ooooo, so much goodness in one post. So much cuteness too :>) Your knomes are adorable and beautifully colored.

Jennifer said...

So much CUTENESS!!! (= Love all your adorable cards!!! (=

G Peplow said...

Sweet gorgeous cards Emily :0) xxx

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH MY OH MY! These are super cute cards! I love that boy themed card--clever way to use that twine and brads--reminds me of a PC sketch:)

LOOOOVE visiting here! Soooo many amazing projects!

ps.....Saturday is when I meet Virginia!! ACK! I'm sooooo excited!

Meg said...

Total cuteness! Yes, Melissa totally outdid herself with this release--I mean, who doesn't love a gnome?! I love the little doodle stickers on the first card! And of course that gnome couple is just redonk! Fantastic work, Em!

Tifany said...

Oh, I especially love the twine background on the boy card! They are ALL so cute! You are so talented!

-Tifany
http://inkblotsbytrd.blogspot.com

Karin said...

I'm seriously blown away every time I visit your blog...Your cards are so creative and CAS at the same time! Only you can do this. I love the gnomes (Have you seen Gnomeo and Juliet? I thought it looked too stupid to be good, but I've read multiple good reviews :) Wow, I just rambled there...lol. Anyway, love the last one with the darling couple and the sentiment just melts my heart!

farmhouse-story said...

beautiful work, emily:)--i esp. love the bkgd inspired by your son!

BabyBokChoy said...

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cute, holy buckets, seriously, SOOOOOOOOOOOOO cute!!! adorable!!! my goodness!!! I can't stop giggling look at them!

Alice said...

awwww.... i LOVE them all. LOVE!!! it's such a treat to see your beautiful simple designs. you ROCK, girl!

Lindsey said...

While I love all of these gnomey cards, the crime scene twine is brilliant! Too funny. :D

Anita Rex said...

Goodness these cards are beyond cute! Love the way you played with the twine on the boy card! :>

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

ADORABLE!!!!

Cheryl said...

Oh my gosh! These are all so cute and creative.

Shauna K said...

how SUPER cute are these!! loving that twine technique {might just have to use that idea :D } and those stamps are so cute- the lil deer is just adorable :D

Scrapcollectr said...

Ooooh, Emily. I just love these gnomes. With the Gnomeo and Juliet movie coming out, I've been craving gnomes! I may just break down for these. Thanks for the adorable inspiration...
*smile*

Monika Reeck said...

I LOVE ALLLL So cuuuuteeeeee nice cards Emily...hugs

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

This is GORGEOUS, Emily! :)

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

LOVING those gnomes! Cute, cute, cute! :)

Beth aka BR-T said...

Emily I love what you did with these gnomes they are so fun to gaze upon!

Sandy Ang said...

How cute are thoese gnomes. Love what you did with the twine !