Thursday, February 3, 2011

Pink Cat Studio ~ Feb 3rd Digi Release!

Happy Thursday! I'm so excited about today's Pink Cat Studio digi release!! Only 11 more days 'til Valentine's Day so if you haven't finished your cute cards yet, you might want to grab one of these. ;) These digis of Itty Bitty Betty are so cute but aren't limited to just Valentine's Day. I see myself using them for birthdays, friendship cards, mini note cards and gift sets!

My first card features Betty pulling a wagon full of hearts. Isn't this the cutest?! Well, of course it is! I could say that about all of Melissa's images. I adore this wagon, especially in pink with all those hearts and the cute little bear with a heart patch!

This card also features washi tape and tissue tape! As far as I can tell, washi tape is quite a bit thicker, shinier and stickier than tissue tape but I love them both. I tore tiny pieces of three different patterns to create a path for Betty to walk on.

My second card features Betty holding a heart and uses the same three patterns of tape as a backdrop. I love that you can see the little cat's face peeking out from behind her right leg! I may or may not have planned this. ;)

I rounded the bottom two corners before using a white gel pen to create faux stitching around the edges of this card. This is only the second time I've ever done it and should do it more often!

For my third card, I regrettably took an X-acto knife to the inside of the heart and cut out all the white sections. Seriously, the moment I started, I wish I hadn't. LOL It's not that I don't like how it looks. I love it! It was a ton of work and I probably won't do it again. Ya, right. ;)

I just love how cute Betty is on her heart swing! I used the same colour theme on all three cards which also feature sentiments from the Hero Arts set Sending Smiles Message.

Thanks for stopping by today! More inspiration can be found on the Pink Cat Studio Blog or the DT Blogs whose links are on my sidebar. Have a wonderful day!

Sources for Sunshine and Smiles: GinaK pure luxury Kraft & 120lb pure luxury White cardstock; Pink Cat Studio Itty Bitty Betty Pulling Heart Wagon; Hero Arts Sending Smiles Message; SU Riding Hood Red ink; Copics; Tim Holtz Symphony tissue tape; Seki Mino lime cat washi tape from PrettyTape; Stampin' Dimensionals; SU 1-3/8" circle punch

Sources for Thank You: GinaK pure luxury Kraft & 120lb pure luxury White cardstock;
Pink Cat Studio Itty Bitty Betty Holding Heart; Hero Arts Sending Smiles Message; Memento Rich Cocoa ink; Copics; Tim Holtz Symphony tissue tape; Seki Mino lime cat washi tape from PrettyTape; Stampin' Dimensionals; SU 1-3/8" circle punch; Uni-ball Signo broad white gel pen

Sources for Very Special: GinaK pure luxury Kraft & 120lb pure luxury White cardstock;
Pink Cat Studio Itty Bitty Betty Heart Swing; Hero Arts Sending Smiles Message; Memento Rich Cocoa ink; Copics; X-acto knife; Stampin' Dimensionals

32 comments:

kasia c. said...

You have such amazing talent! I LOVE these cards.There are all so striking but I think your second one is my favourite. The little gril holding the heart with that fabulous tape grounding it all....awesome. :)

Yvonne Russell said...

Too cute... Your colouring is amazing.

Virginia L. said...

How CUTE are these! I love the coloring and your backgrounds are super lovely! ( the bits of music nots and paper...--YUM!).

Jennifer said...

Absolutely ADORABLE Emily!! LOVE them all!!! (=

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is way too cute, I am so bad at digi, and I really admired those who did well, and you are one of them, Fabulous!!!!

Jen W. said...

Emily, your colouring is amazing! And so are your exacto knife cutting skills!! LOL! I can never get such smooth lines with an exacto. Maybe a tutorial is in order!

Lynn said...

Emily, that little path is adorable...I love how you used the tape on it! and thanks so much for the shout out yesterday!

Janna Werner said...

couldnt say which one i like best tbh, i love the faux stitches and the scrap pieces you used :) BUG hugs
Janna who didnt succeed in watching ur new tutorial yet :(((

Wendy ten Hove said...

Hi Emily!

These are so lovely!! And also the projects on the two previous posts! Late congratulations for your dad and guess I'm a bit too late for the PIF post, but loved watching your video tutorial.
These cards are so cute!! Your cutting around the images is amazingly accurate! It really makes the images pop! Love it! This way I loooove cute cards!! Just a lovely image and all attention to that, they look awesome!

Hugs,
Wendy

Angela said...

Ack! Look at you, rocking the tapes! (Hmm, something looks familiar here!) I love all of these cards, and I can't believe your cutting work (YET AGAIN), and all those details just make me happy. Awesome job.

Cookie said...

OH EMILY!
I think my favorite cards by you are the ones like this where you cut them out so perfectly and place them popped up over kraft! I JUST LOVE THEM! And when I saw all the work you put into that heart I can so appreciate it and YOU! You rock! Hugs...Cookie

Karin said...

Your clean design really makes those cute stamps shine! Simply adorable!

Scrapcollectr said...

You made her Miss Adorable! Great work on all the cards... and the x-acto cutting was worth it!
*smile*

farmhouse-story said...

your tape path is so creative, emily!! adorable cards!

Angie Blom said...

oh my goodness total cuteness Emily. love the images.. I so love your colouring.. I need to practice ! xx

Sarah said...

So adorable, Emily! I think the torn tape path is a fun touch.

Larissa said...

These cards are all so fabulous! Love the design and your colouring!

Hugs,
Larissa

Lindsey said...

Possibly only you would cut the inside of that heart image... but you did it so perfectly! It's adorable. I'm equally in love with the faux stitching and the washi/tissue tape paths!

Erin said...

Your second card is my favorite! That little girl is darling!

Beth aka BR-T said...

Emily these cards are fantastic I love the two tapes especially when backed with Kraft!

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

Absolutely precious set of cards, Emily! The little pieces added to cardstock is such a whimsical touch... love it! BTW, I thought I was the fussy cutter but I think you have me beat! Great job on cutting out the heart! xx

Julie said...

These are absolutely adorable! I love that sweet image! She is a cutie pie! I love your faux stitching and your cut out heart. You will not likely see me try that one ;) It is gorgeous though!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

Doing a happy dance cause, these cards just make me happy! Cute as can be, Em! :)

Happy Chinese New Year :0)

Sunghee said...

Awwww~~~~ Love them all! Can't decide which one is my favorite. Urmmm.... Don't you owe me a card or two or three? ;)
You should totally do the x-acto again. You are really good at it! LOVE how it turned out!

walchowDesign said...

Very cute card and love how you arranged the pathway! btw, Gong Xi Fa Cai to you too! (not too sure if you celebrate it)

Gwen said...

OH Emily! I love these, especially the swing card that you X-actoed!!!! Awesome!

Linda said...

This are cute and sweet I love you all your pink cat studio cards they too cute my friend!

Monika Reeck said...

I see this on Flickr but have really less time to comment on there dear oh yeah dont hate me dear..my live now only for school and A very BIT chance to card making or do blogging...I love your coloring and the idea behind the girl with heart is so creative...I love the use of Kraft paper you really talented Mom and with the little ones beside you, you really a creative MOM, I am happy to know you dear...hugs

Gwen said...

Just had to let you know I went and bought this set. So adorable I couldn't resist! Now to find the time to color!

Kary said...

Hi Emily - these are beautiful cards! I think they will certainly cheer someone's day. I must go check it out.
Have a happy day!

Vicky Hayes said...

I have to admit these kind of stamps are not my favourites but, given the Leiphart touch, they take on a real edginess. You are very talented.

Alice said...

ok, i am missing A LOT of yumminess here. i'll get to it one by one. =) these are just too cute, Emily! really love how you used the tapes and your fuzzy cutting always amazes me. these are super!