Monday, November 21, 2011

Warm Holiday Greetings

I hope you all had a super weekend! Mine was super busy getting things ready for next weekend when my sister and her husband drive up with the kids for their long weekend. We did some cleaning up at my parents' house where they're staying and we skipped the Santa Claus parade because the little one said he'd rather stay home and play Legos. :) I've also officially gone into 'sublication hibernation' so you'll see a bit less of me here until the current Paper Crafts call is over. I missed several calls during and after my move so I'm more determined than ever to get back into the swing of things!

That being said, I decided to take a little break and create another tag for the Hero Arts November Contest. Once again, I combined all the categories in this month's contest. I used more of my new goodies including burlap string (or jute twine) which I bought in every colour available. I've been seeing it everywhere and now that I've started playing with it, I wonder how I ever crafted without it! LOL At first it drove me crazy with all the fuzz, kind of like a mohair sweater, but I do like the traditional warmth it gives to my projects.

To create this tag, I first stamped the kids from Warm Holiday Greetings in pink and blue and painstakingly fussy cut them. I had thought to myself that I would make several of these but after I finished one, I nixed that idea! The tree was die cut from glitter cardstock using the medium tree die from Holiday Cheer. The snowflakes stamped in chalk ink and the sentiment are from the same set. The glittery white tree skirt was made using an oval punch. The light blue felt at the top of the tag is from Felt on the Fly and the burlap string is by May Arts. It's so much fun playing with new goodies!

Well, it's back to the grind for me. Don't worry, I won't let too much time pass before popping in again to say hi! If you miss me, you could always join me in sublication hibernation. ;)

Sources: Gina K Designs pure luxury kraft & white cardstock; DCWV green & white glitter cardstock; Hero Arts Warm Holiday Greetings & Holiday Cheer; Memento Rich Cocoa ink; Hero Arts Snow chalk ink; SU Pink Pirouette & Bashful Blue ink; Papertrey Ink Tag Sale #3 die; SU/EK Success large oval punch; Ranger Diamond Stickles; Felt on the Fly 100% merino wool felt in Aquamarine; May Arts ivory & brown jute twine/burlap string

26 comments:

Jay Gee said...

Gorgeous Emily and well worth all the fussy cutting :) Good luck with your submissions.

Wendy ten Hove said...

Hi Emily,

It is very pretty, but cutting out those two sweet kids must have been quite a job, so I can imagine this will be just a unique one! ;-D I don't really like cutting out by hand any much myself either... that's why I love Papertry so much, hi hi. With all the matching dies! Perfect!!! I do really love this tag, the colors are so perfect!!! And it's very sweet!

Hugs, Wendy

Jen W. said...

Cute! Love the felt and the jute twine together - fuzzy goodness. :)

Lynn said...

Happy sublicating! This card is so adorable! Love the little silhouettes!

Angela said...

As usual, your cutting skills amaze me, but my favorite thing about this tag is the little bit of felt -- it's just the perfect touch, and a way to use felt that I haven't thought about yet. Ah, inspiration....Thanks!!

Lisa said...

This is so soft and pretty, Em. Love the silhouettes :)
Don't stay burrowed in for too long!!

G Peplow said...

Fabulous tag Emily, good luck with your sublications, sounds painful LOL Hugs Gay xxx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!!! This is one amazingly detail tag and it is fabulous. You can definitely see the time and detail you put into it.

I hope to go into sublication hibernation too. ha. I missed the last couple PC calls. Not that you need it, but good luck. I'm sure we'll be seeing you in that issue.

Annette Allen said...

so adorable...great Christmas tag..love how the tree is glittery...

Jingle said...

What a beautiful tag!

Creations by Shirl said...

love the tag and that Christmas tree is glittered so pretty.... gorgeous Emily!

Vicky Hayes said...

Love the tag Emily with its gorgeous soft colours and that popping glittery tree! Enjoy the hibernation!

Jessi Fogan said...

Such a huge pub call for them right now...I'm mulling it over :) Never submitted before, but what the hey, I have some free time just now, lol.
I love this sentiment, the font is super, and I love how you've added the felt tab at the top. And the fussy cutting...wow!

Scrapowe Sosasowisko said...

I love these kids and this tag! Happy hibernation!

farmhouse-story said...

darling tag, emily! have fun creating!

Jenny said...

Cute cute tag Emily, love the fussy cutting...it was well worth it :)
Jenny x

Meg said...

Ok, I think you definitely need to find a Silhouette mule because thumb hurts just thinking of all that fussy cutting! It was certainly worth it though, this is such a sweet tag-love the pastel pink and blue against the sparkly green. Good luck in your sublicating!

btenn said...

Beautiful tag!

Good luck with your sublications :)! I'll look forward to seeing your creations in print again.

Lindsey said...

This is a gorgeous tag that would be equally beautiful translated into a card. Love the bright glittery green with the pastel colours!

Michelle said...

This is so perfect, love how you combined Kraft with the gorgeous pink blue and green!

Brenda said...

Love this beautiful tag Emily, those silhouettes are precious! I know what you mean about that "hairy" twine! But obviously you don't sweat the small stuff like I do! That twine drives me C-R-A-Z-Y!!! Have a great Thanksgiving!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOOOOVE this tag--I LOVE that glittered tree and I LOVE those little children! FUN FUN FUN!

Karin said...

So cute that it could be an ornament for the tree too!

Tiffany Ervin said...

LOVE the boy and girl silhouettes, such a pretty tag! You go, girl! Best of luck with the submissions, maybe I'll join you too...I know you will rock it!

Beebeebabs said...

Very nice thanks for sharing!!

Janna Werner said...

Absolutely lovely, Emily! Hugs Janna