Saturday, December 10, 2011

You're Great

I hope you all know you're great! That much is true. I whipped up this card on Thursday night before my husband went on his business trip and tucked it into his bag as a surprise. We had a little conversation about how he was feeling overwhelmed and discouraged at work so I felt he needed a little pick-me-up and this is what happened. It was close to midnight and when I have little brain power left, this is what happens. LOL In general, we are very silly together and perhaps that's why our son is so silly, too. I love that! ;)

Paper Smooches provides the perfect stamps for a silly mood. We love coffee or tea and we love to watch the ridiculous squirrels in our backyard and neighbourhood in general. In fact, just the other day, a squirrel came on to our deck and appeared to wave at our son who started giggling in the cutest way. You'd never believe it if you hadn't seen it with your own eyes! Now he thinks every squirrel will wave at him which, as you know, doesn't happen. Still, whenever he sees one, he says, "Hi, squirrel!" How funny is that?

The squirrel and the forest in the background were created from Hang Ups. I got the inspiration for the forest from one of my son's favourite books by Oliver Jeffers. I also altered the position of the tail on the squirrel. The mug and shadow are from Hot Concoctions and the custom sentiment was created from My Guy. All the papers are from Echo Park's Life is Good Collection.

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you all have a fabulous weekend gearing up for the holidays!!

Sources: Gina K Designs pure luxury white cardstock; Echo Park Life is Good Collection; Paper Smooches Hang Ups, Hot Concoctions & My Guy; Memories Black ink; SU Crumb Cake, Rose Red & Tempting Turquoise inks; Tim Holtz for Ranger Scattered Straw distress ink; foam tape

26 comments:

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

It's WONDERFUL! Your husband is VERY lucky to have you!!!

Lynn said...

Emily, this is so fun! I love the little cup on his head and I am sure that your husband was so thrilled to receive this! So thoughtful and perfect for the occasion.

Jen W. said...

Adorable! Love when you rock the Paper Smooches. :) Those funky trees are so awesome!

Lisa said...

Love your trees here, Emily and the squirrel is so cute how you've changed him up :) Hubby will get a smile for sure!

Emily Keaton said...

OH, how adorable, Emily! I love that sweet squirrel hiding under that tea cup. A super pick-me-up for your husband. :D

~amy~ said...

i love it...sooooooo FUN and I bet your hubby thought it was pretty fantastic too:)

Creations by Shirl said...

Love those unique bg trees, and that squirrel carrying that paper piece coffee cup is just too cute....
Awesome card Emily!

Shauna K said...

hehe too cute!! i'm sure your hubby loved it! i really love the geometric trees- fabulous!

Meg said...

Aw, I bet this made his day! Love those fun modern trees and of course Mr Squirrel is just adorable.

That's so cute about the Little Leiphart making friends with the squirrels!

Sue McRae said...

This is the cutest card! I'm sure it will make your husband smile big time (it worked on me). Love the modern trees!

Anni said...

What a cute and creative card! Love your use of the stamps!

Annette Allen said...

Kids are seriously so cute...I love that he says hi to all the squirrels now...how cute..

I bet this will put a big smile on your husbands face...So sweet...

Jay Gee said...

This is sure to give your husband a lift when he sees it! This is so adorable and creative Emily...LOVE it :)

Jenny said...

Your PS creations never cease to make me smile Emily...love the squirrel peeking out from under the cup :)
Jenny x

Vicky Hayes said...

It sounds like you have fun in your family Emily! Love the card - especially those fab trees.

Wendy ten Hove said...

You did it again, Emily! This is sooo funny!! So cool, how you created those artistic trees there!!! Love that the Paper Smooches stamp sets have so many shapes that you can use for so many purposes! The squirrel is so funny, great thinking to reposition his tail! And him holding that cuppa is so funny! When we were on vacation in California, all the squirrels were one of the best things!!! We don't have so many here in my country, but they are so great! We spent several hours just watching what those funny guys were doing!!
Wishing you a lovely Sunday! Please wave 'hi' to your son and the squirrels from me!
Hugs, Wendy

Courtney K said...

those geometric trees are too cute Emily!

walchowDesign said...

This is so hilirious, Emily! Love the upside down cup and I bet your DH will laugh so loud that people might be wondering what's happening to him!

Glenda J said...

So fun! This is so brilliant and clever. Great work.

Roslyn said...

That is a very funny card! Love the story of the squirrel waving to your son - so cute!

Jessi Fogan said...

Silly gets us through pretty much everything - a lot of the time if it weren't for laughing, we'd be crying. I really love that your hubby cherishes these creations :)
And as for the waving squirrel...I think *I'd* be expecting them all to wave at me too!

Kary said...

This card is so cute!! It makes one smile - I'm sure your husband loved it!!

Brenda said...

Oh this is a truly fun design Emily! I think it's wonderful to remain silly as long as possible!

Lindsey said...

What a totally cute card! I love the patterned paper hill and the geometric trees. The squirrel looks ready to play peek-a-boo! :P

Jan Larson said...

What an adorable card and such a sweet surprise for your husband. Makes me smile!!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

SUPER fun--I bet your husband loved it!! Def. would cheer me up!! LOVE that squirrel coming out of the cup!