Saturday, May 18, 2013

Mrs. & Mrs.


It's the Victoria Day long weekend here and tomorrow we're attending a wedding. I met my lovely friend Jenn 12 years ago when we worked together. She was just 18 back then and I've watched her grow into an amazing, successful business woman over the years. I'm so happy that she's found someone to love and spend the rest of her life with. They've been house hunting on our area, too, so it will be so exciting if they can find a home near ours.


I bought these Papertrey Ink stamps and dies when they were released and I haven't used them 'til now. It was love at first sight and use. Haha! I used Jenn's wedding invitation colours as the inspiration for this card. Lucky for me, she's commissioned me to make all the thank you cards for both sets of parents and the wedding party so these dies will get plenty of use. I'll use the same design, just swapping out the sentiment and using just the man and/or woman dies for each recipient.


I hope you're enjoying your weekend! It's supposed to reach 33C/91F on holiday Monday. Yikes.

Sources:

10 comments:

Lindsey said...

Wow, Em, what an absolutely awesome card! I love how the bride's gown pops on the grey. Plus a ginormous card commission! Lucky you. ;)

Lindsey said...

(Oops, not grey, lagoon.) :P

snappy scrappy said...

So gorgeous...love it!

Michelle said...

Emily, I absolutely love your card! I bought these dies and stamps when they were released, too! Unusually for me, I haven't used them yet. BUT, I did buy them for a wedding which is still in the future. I may be CASEing your design when the time comes, it's perfect!

Wendy ten Hove said...

Sooo pretty! Fabulous wedding card, love the colors!
Hugs, Wendy

Jenny said...

Absolutely gorgeous Emily, simply understated and elegant... Love the colours too :0)

Miriam Prantner said...

Beautiful card! Hope that you are enjoying your long weekend!

Jessi Fogan said...

SO gorgeous! I love the tiny details like her bouquet :)
I can't believe your holiday weather! Kinda hot & icky but we actually had snow on Saturday. I don't know which is worse! lol!

Cecilia Hsieh said...

This is gorgeous Emily! I love the diecuts - straight onto my evergrowing PTI wishlist!! Shhh, but don't tell my DH!!

Barb Ghig said...

I'm sure your friend loved your card! The color combo is amazing...perfect with the invites! I hope you will show us your 'Thank you' cards some time soon :-)