Wednesday, July 3, 2013

{Simon Says Stamp} Patriotic Challenge


I'm so excited to be the Guest Designer at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog for July! Please join me every Wednesday this month for a new challenge. This week's challenge is to create a Patriotic card using products from My Favorite Things. I bought the Boy Meets Girl Die-namics when they were first released and my son and his friends have had the best time playing with them. It's time I blogged something with them, right? ;) I paired them up with stamps from Lawn Fawn's Happy 4th mini stamp set and patterned paper from Crate Paper's DIY Shop and Maggie Holmes 6 x 6 paper pads. After heat embossing the sentiment, I used a blending tool and distress ink on it to create a more rustic tone. All my supplies are listed below.


I hope you will play along with us this July!

Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog

You could win a $50 gift voucher to the awesome Simon Says Stamp Store!


Click here to shop!

Simon Says Stamp

Wishing all my American friends and family a wonderful Independence Day!

Sources:

22 comments:

Katie Ann Brooks said...

haha, fun use of these stamps Emily!

Laura Sterckx said...

Such a fun patriotic card, Emily!

Thank you for being our designer in the spotlight this month! We are very happy to have you with us this month! :)

snappy scrappy said...

Too darn cute!

Jingle said...

This is so super cute! Excited to have you working with us this month! :)

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous card Emily :-) I love the whole design of this,, very CUTE :-) I love how you teamed up the dies with the Lawn Fawn stamps ,, a perfect match :-)

Thanks so much for agreeing to be in the designer spotlight :-) It is lovely to have you with us xx

luv
Lols x x x

Lindsey said...

I'm excited for you! Can't wait to see all your SSS inspiration this month. This is a terrific Fourth of July card. I think you should use those dies for yourself more often. ;)

Unknown said...

Congrats on the GDT! What a fab card...love it!

Miriam Prantner said...

Congrats on the guest spot Emily! I love this fun and sweet card!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Welcome & thanks so much for being a guest designer, Emily!! Love this Patriotic couple in your card :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Lin said...

Hi Emily - so tickled to see you Guest Designing with us this month, and I love your take on the challenge!

yyam said...

Congrats on being guest designer! This looks awesome! :)

Jessi Fogan said...

Woot woot! I can't wait to see what other fun stuff you cook up :) This is just fun & fabulous!

joy said...

Congrats, Emily! You will rock this guest designer thing. Your card is just adorable.

Mary-Anne V said...

How cute....love how you die cut the figures out of patterned paper and added the fireworks!

Migdalia said...

Super Cute & Fun!!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M (my blog) ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenges ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

StampingbugKerry said...

Cute, Cute, Cute. Love the little fireworks in their hands and the stars on their chests!

alexandra s.m. said...

ADORABLE Emily!
Love it!!
TFS~

Monika Reeck said...

cute couple with fierwork Emily..great card as Always dear...happy weekend Emily...hugs

Lisa Arana said...

yay, congratulation on your guest design spot!!! you are gonna rock their socks! love this card too.

Jen W. said...

That is some serious cuteness! I love that you can make "bathroom people" work for every occasion! ;)

Melissa Bove said...

Adorable card Emily! Love that cute couple!! ;)

So happy to have you joining us for this entire month!! I can't wait to see what else you come up with!!

hugs...
Melissa
Simon Says DT

canadian_liner said...

Trust you to think of his-n-hers...firecrackers! Too funny. So great you are guest-designing at SSS this month. I hope to find time to play along.