Saturday, September 20, 2014

{Simon Says Stamp + Mama Elephant} Stamptember Exclusive: Super Duo + Video!


I'm so excited to be featuring a Stamptember exclusive by Simon Says Stamp and Mama Elephant! This stamp set is called Super Duo, the coordinating die set is called Crusader Kids and, sold together, they're Strong Together.



I used Index Card Creative Cuts and Simon Says Stamp's Lipstick Red cardstock for the card base. The middle layer uses Simon's Fog grey card stock.


I die cut the focus panel from Embellished Tag Creative Cuts and sponged the top of it using Tumbled Glass distress ink and a mini blending tool.


I created a stencil using the little cloud die from Crusader Kids and applied pearlescent white embossing paste. After the paste dried, I stamped the primary sentiment on the base of the tag and adhered the superheroes with foam tape.


I stacked all three panels to gauge positioning for the secondary sentiment and stamped that on both grey panels. Finally, I die cut lightning bolts to reveal the red card base and help draw the eye down and across the card.


Thanks so much for stopping by!

Sources:

11 comments:

Lynn said...

Fun cards and video. They make me smile. The clouds look really terrific. I didn't know there was perlescent white embossing paste...must find some. I enjoyed learning how you positioned the lightning bolts so the cards would match. Thanks for the crafty learning experience.

Jessica H said...

These cards are so super cute!! I'm so sad that they've sold out at SSS!!! Waaaaah!!

Miriam Prantner said...

This is such a cute set! I just love these cards, and love how you extended the lightning behind the tags!

Samantha Mann said...

I love love love this set!!! I have mine and just can't wait to play with it!!! The red and khaki color work so well together!! And the blues too!! Love these cards!!

Lindsey said...

You've made a super duo of cards! Love the sky on the tags with the embossing paste clouds, the two super-heroes are adorable, and my favourite touch might just be the lightning bolts. Altogether perfect. :)

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome cards!! :)

Karin Åkesdotter said...

SUPER Fun and SUPER cute!!! LOVE!!!

Mary-Anne V said...

These are such fun cards...I just love those clouds and cute figures. I really like that this set has both a female and male superhero.

Deirdre said...

Love, love, love them!

b6cd0616-5c6f-11e7-922d-cbeac3f6b30e said...

Oh wow! What a cute set! Do you know how I can get the Super Duo stamp set (or the Strong Together Stamp and Dies set)? Thanks!

Emily Leiphart said...

These sets were limited edition but you can purchase a similar Mama Elephant superhero set here: https://goo.gl/6ZPxUf . I hope that helps!