Tuesday, January 27, 2015

{Neat & Tangled} Birthday Tags + Tiny Triangles


I'm up on the Neat & Tangled Blog today to sharing this birthday card using the newly-released Birthday Tags dies, as well as the Tiny Triangles die. I die cut the Tiny Triangles and used it as a stencil. After creating three colours of embossing paste on a Ranger Craft Sheet, I applied the paste to a piece of linen cardstock in three sections and set it aside to dry.


After die cutting both Birthday Tags from patterned paper and Ranger foil cardstock, I layered them with a bit of foam tape and inserted the foil letters into the negative spaces. I used two chartreuse papers from Heidi Swapp's Dreamy 6x6 paper pad and two navy papers from Echo Park's Creative Agenda 6x6 paper pad.


After the embossing paste dried, I adhered it flat to a sheet of chartreuse houndstooth paper which I then popped on to the navy stripes with foam tape. To finish, I stapled white silk ribbon at the top of the tags and tied a bow.  Then I adhered the stacked tags to the embossing paste panel with foam tape.


Have you earned your free stamp set, All My Heart? It's yours free with a $50+ order!


Thanks so much for stopping by!

Sources:

8 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

What a great card Emily, the embossing looks great. Did you create your stencil from cardstock?

Samantha Mann said...

I LOVE THIS!! the colors are just awesome!! And that custom colored embossing paste ROCKS!! So cool!! Love those layered tags too! Just love it all!!

Alina said...

so pretty, Emily!!

Shelly said...

OH.I LOOOVE THIS.

Miriam Prantner said...

Loving the different colored embossing pastes!!!

Lindsey said...

The colours of this are so elegant! Really like this.

Jingle said...

This is super cute! Love the layers!

nancy carroll said...

Love how you made the stencil, fun card.