Saturday, January 3, 2015

{Paper Smooches Video} Introduction to Fruit People Dies

If you're looking for the
Season's Givings Blog Hop,
please CLICK HERE.


Hi, everyone! Today, I'm sharing a really fun card using the brand new Fruit People dies from Paper Smooches. It's one of the six sets that were released on January 1st. This is my favourite of them all and I'm delighted to introduce all the pieces as well as create a card from start-to-finish. My son unexpectedly popped in towards the end so you'll get a good little chuckle! ;)



I imagined that the cherry/grape stem could be used as a wishbone so I created a pear couple breaking it to see which one would get to make a wish for their 29th birthday. LOL! The four stitched lines are from the Stitched Frames die collection and the sentiment was customized using the Birthday Sampler stamp set.


In case you missed it, here's the entire January Release which I'm looking forward to sharing more of:



Thanks so much for stopping by!

Sources:

13 comments:

Lyn said...

Such a fun card :)

joy said...

love this, Emily! And, your son just makes me smile!!

I Card Everyone said...

Thanks Emily... just adorable! I have to say, though I love it all, the wishbone just 'does it' for me!! Love the sentiment... turns out I'M 29 [again] this year!!
=] Michele

Kalyn said...

Such a cute card I love what you did with these dies - you really brought them to life!

Teresa Doyle said...

A fun and cute card!

Miriam Prantner said...

Such a cute pair of pears. I love how you composed this!

Shelly said...

This is adorable and so fun! Love it!

Lynn said...

Totally and adorably funny! Love the clever wishbone. I like how your mind works. Visiting your site makes me smile....widely and wildly!

Hamutal Shafrir said...

Fabulous! I adore your creativity and whimsical designs! Thank you for sharing.

~amy~ said...

Sooooo stinkin' cute!

Kim B. said...

Way too cute!!! Put a smile on my face!!!!

Jingle said...

Oh.My.Cute. I love this. SO MUCH!!!!

Lindsey said...

The cameo appearance by Chipmunk (voiced by D.) was the perfect bonus feature for this video. :)
And this is why stamp companies need design teams: I would have had no interest in a set of fruit dies... until I saw your card and watched your video. This is awesome!