Tuesday, September 8, 2015

{Paper Smooches} Apologies


Well, hubby totally didn't get this card at all and had to ask me what it meant... My son, on the other hand, burst out laughing and exclaimed, "Mommy!!!" in a rather perturbed voice. LOL! So, yes, normally bubbles come out of the fishes' mouths but these are coming out the back end and it's the coral's fault for catering bad algae to the fish. ;)


All of the sentiments are from the new Apologies stamp set which is a must-have! The images and bubbles are from both Briny Blue, Briny Blue 2 Icons, Surf & Turf and Surf & Turf Icons. I used the smooshing technique to create the background and the same distress inks to watercolour the fish and coral.


It just so happens that the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers is having a challenge called F is for Fart. LOL! My friend Lindsey invited me to play along and this card fits perfectly with that challenge. :P

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Sources:

20 comments:

TracyM #6773 said...

CUTENESS GALORE!!!
LOVE EVERYTHING about your card Emily - it is FILLED with INKY AWESOMENESS!!!

s.mcfeggan@gmail.com said...

So darn adorable!...Yes sometimes we have to spell it out to our hubbies! LOL

Scrapthat said...

LOL very cute Emily! :D

Unknown said...

Too funny! I adore this card!

Samantha Mann said...

Bwa ha ha ha ha!!!! This is hilarious!!!! LOOOOVE it! The colors...the fish!!!!! That fish in the top though...I can't stop laughing when I look at him!!!!

I Card Everyone said...

Emily MY husband would totally love this - and 'get it' right away, I think... I'll test him later! Darling card... must go see what Lindsey's up to...
=]

Linda Gibbons said...

adorable!

Shelly said...

Haha!! Too cute!!

Donna said...

He he he he this is awesome Emily!! So glad Sister Lindsey invited you to play along!! Thanks for joining the sisterhood of snarky stampers for our F is for Fart challenge!!

Gabi MeWi said...

Love it .

Lindsey said...

Who knew a fart card could be so cute at the same time! The smooshed background is perfect for these flatulent fish. :D I'm so glad you came to play with us at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers! (Of course D. got it; Don't know what the other one's excuse is...) ;)

Mary-Anne V said...

Ha, ha...you just crack me up! Awesome card...love the cute images and fun background.

Chris Dring said...

OMG! Flatulent fishies!! This card had me laughing out loud! Love it! Thanks for joining in the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

Indy's Designs said...

Ha! Ha! I so totally got this! What a fabulous sense of humor you and your son have!

Lee aka Violent Kittie said...

Who wouldn't love farting fish? I got the joke with the bubble right away. It's all about placement. Lovely, silly card. Thanks for joining the Snarky Sisters in flatulence!

Michelle N. said...

I actually showed this to my husband as a test-he "passed" with flying colors (yes, there is a pun there!). Love the flatulent fish, with that most excellent inky background!

Macimbalo said...

So adorable!

Chelle (PhotoArt/MaybeCreative) said...

That is too funny. Love it. Thanks for sharing some wind with us at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers.

Karen Schroeder said...

This is perfect! Love the background and the fish! Thanks for tooting with us at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers.

Chris Dring said...

Hi Emily! Wasn't sure if you were aware, but you were crowned our Queen of Snark at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers! We'd love for you to join us for our next challenge! Please email me to let me know if you are interested or not: cdring at comcast dot net. Congrats!