Saturday, January 6, 2018

{Altenew} 40th Birthday Card


I made this card for one of my dearest friends and neighbours who turned 40 today! A big group of us went out for appetizers, drinks and dancing last night and had a blast. I hadn't gone dancing in about 20 years and my middle-aged knees are really hurting today. LOL It was worth it though...I think. ;)

I stamped the Frosted Garden flowers in Lagoon ink and die cut them. Then I set them aside to adhere once the sentiment was completed. I used my paper trimmer to cut black glitter tape down the centre and created a border on the linen card base.


I die cut "bday girl" using the Inline Alpha Dies and gold embossed the bottoms. The second part of the sentiment from Be Strong was stamped in black ink. Then I used glue dots to adhere the die cut letters, as well as the Frosted Garden flowers. I used scissors to trim off the excess parts of the flowers.


Thanks so much for stopping by!

Sources:

2 comments:

Purple Princess said...

Beautiful card! I love the color of the flowers!!

Lindsey said...

Love the partly-embossed sentiment! Beautiful card.