Friday, June 1, 2018

{Technique Tuesday} June 2018 Release Day!


Welcome to Technique Tuesday's June 2018 Release Day! The design team is featuring a variety of release products and you're sure to love them so be sure to head over to the Technique Tuesday blog for the full reveal and links to all of the amazing projects. All of the amazing new products are now available for purchase!


Today, I'm showcasing the Funny Fruits stamp set. I love these whimsical fruit and the best part is the four types of faces you can add to the fruit to give them personality. The punny sentiments allow you to mix and match the fruit for super cute and hilarious scenes!


I started this card by choosing the sentiment first. I never would've thought to combine apples and pineapples on my own so that jumpstarted the idea for my scene. I stamped one pineapple and eight apples on masking paper and cut them out. I used the masks to lay out my scene and stamped them from front to back using my MISTI stamping tool.


The sentiment was stamped with ruby red and moss to highlight the words apples and pineapple. To ground the scene, I masked all of the fruit, then blended in pumice stone and hickory smoke distress inks and misted with shimmer spray. It's super sparkly in person but doesn't really show on camera. ;)

In case you missed my other June 2018 release posts, or if you want to shop for those supplies, here are the links:



Thanks so much for stopping by and happy shopping!

Supplies:

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Your humorous card is well designed. Thanks for sharing it with blogland.

Purple Princess said...

Such a fun card!

Lindsey said...

Such a fun card! I love how you have each fruit his or her own personality with the faces.