Wednesday, August 15, 2018

{Spellbinders} August 2018 Card Kit of the Month Inspiration


Hi, friends! I'm delighted to be sharing projects using the Spellbinders August 2018 Card Kit of the Month. It's so pretty!! I love everything about this kit, from the exclusive limited edition dies to the colours and ephemera. It's my favourite kit from all of the Spellbinders Club Kits!


As soon as I saw that sloth eating watermelon die cut from the ephemera, I knew I had to feature him on a card. He's super sweet and makes me smile! I used four of the seven dies included in this kit to die cut the scalloped panel, layered rose and leaves.


Then I added the yellow flower, also from the ephemera, and adhered all the pieces together with glue dots. I picked the perfect sentiment from the sticker sheet to go with the adorable sloth. All of the elements are on an ombre panel from the patterned paper included in the kit.


I rarely use ribbon and I really wanted to feature the ribbon included in this kit because the colours are so pretty! Then I had a lightbulb moment and decided to feature the ribbon as strips of paper instead of the traditional bow. I cut them at different angles and layered them with patterned paper strips for variation and visual interest. I used two layers of ribbon at the top and bottom since they were on top of the patterned paper strips and you could see the edges through the ribbon.


I use two more of the dies to create a tiny gold sun to go with the sentiment, also from the sticker sheet. I love that these kits include so many sentiment options so stamping is not required. The gold confetti was created using the hole from the tag die included in this kit.


I used a tried-and-true layout on this last card to showcase more of the patterned paper and the gorgeous leaves included in the ephemera. This card, like the others, were so easy to throw together. You really can't go wrong with this kit! It's that amazing. I can't say enough good things about it.


I added a die cut flower using the last of the dies included in this kit and layered it with the same stamen die I used for the little "sun" in the previous card. I love that this versatile die could be used as a star, sun, its own flower or the centre of the petunia.


I hope you enjoyed today's inspiration featuring Spellbinders August 2018 Card Kit of the Month. You can shop all the Spellbinders Club Kits HERE or using the links below. There is also a special going on right now so it's the perfect time to take advantage of the freebie!


Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies:

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

These are great colours for you! Come to think of it, I like them, too! :D And that sloth is so cute! I don't know if I would use him right away or have to hoard him. Sloth card is definitely the most fun, but I love how pretty the other two are.

Purple Princess said...

very pretty cards!

~amy~ said...

Emily, these are so fabulous!