Wednesday, October 17, 2018

{Technique Tuesday} Mandala Maker & Mandala Sentiments


I'm just popping in with a couple of cards I made using Technique Tuesday's Mandala Maker Crafting Die and the Mandala Sentiments Stamp Set. Both of my cards use the same four distress ink colours (linked below) in two very different ways. I used ink daubers to create a colour of rings for this background and misted it with water, followed by splatters of white, black and pink ink.


I only used the first two rings from the Mandala Maker Crafting Die. [Buy this die while it's 20% off at Ellen Hutson!] It's just so detailed and I wanted to feature it simply with white glitter cardstock. Its beauty stands alone and doesn't need any colour or inserts. I finished it with a sentiment from the Mandala Sentiments Stamp Set, which I popped up with foam tape.


My second card features four of the five rings from the Mandala Sentiments Stamp Set, stamped with the distress inks I used to create the watercolour background in the first card.


After stamping, I splattered the distress inks with a lot of shimmer spritz so it would react with the inked mandala colours.


I heat embossed the sentiment on vellum and die cut the circle, applying it to the centre of the mandala using vellum adhesive. Then I embellished the mandala with 3mm and 4mm sparkling clear sequins. This card is truly clean and simple in design but it's super sparkly in person.


Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies:

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Two terrific cards! I wouldn't know where to start with this type of die, but you used it in beautiful ways.

lindamagen said...

Beautiful art work done by you. Bets use of Mandala art by you, this art is beautiful and very helpful. This elephant mandala is also need to try.