Wednesday, January 23, 2019

{Technique Tuesday} featuring Bobbi the Bear + Beau & Beatrice Beaver


Hi, friends! How has your January been? It's been quite the rollercoaster here, with extremes of -37C one day and 6C three days later. Yikes! How about a cute critter card to brighten your day? This one features Bobbi the Bear with Beau & Beatrice Beaver. They go so well together, don't they? If you know me at all, you'll know that I can't resist any opportunity to turn a bear into a panda and I did that hear with selective watercolouring!


I watercolored both Bobbi and Beatrice with mini distress inks, all listed below. Then I die cut the images with their coordinating dies and set them aside.


I used a large acrylic block and the smooshing technique to create the background with a mix of evergreen bough and peacock feathers. After drying the smooshed areas with my heat tool, I used the same colours to create splatters on the background, then sprayed the panel with shimmer spritz.


After cutting a 4.25" x 4.25" card base, I trimmed the watercolour panel and stamped the custom sentiment which combines two sentiments, sending big bear hugs from Bobbi the Bear and gnaw-some from Beau & Beatrice Beaver. I added a strip of diagonal black and white stripes before attaching the panel and the critters.


Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies:

5 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Super cute card.

Flo said...

Darling card.

rahul kumar said...

thanks for sharing it is so helpful.

Please also read https://www.foooodies.com/2019/01/benefits-of-daily-running.html

Shelly said...

Oh my, this is so cute!

Lindsey said...

A panda and a beaver, whoever could this card be for? :D It's such a fun card. Love the watercolouring and the smooshed background.