Saturday, April 20, 2019

{Technique Tuesday} featuring Monkey Business, Sassy Days + more


You know it! I look forward to Technique Tuesday's Animal House Collection reveal every.single.month. This month's Monkey Business is no exception. It's so cheeky! I only used one of the three monkeys included in this fun set so there's so much more you can do with it.


What I love most about this particular monkey is that one hand shows the palm and the other the back of the hand so you can make them hold things in front on one hand and behind with the other! If you look in the close-up photos, you can see that I cut out parts of the white border left by the die to make it look more realistic, whether the monkey is holding the sign or holding another monkey's hand.


The Monday sentiment is from Sassy Days, one of the funniest mini sentiment sets to ever exist. I think everyone needs this in their stash. ;) The second sentiment is from Monkey Business. The ticket-style frames are from Things Change and the coordinating dies are from Captions and Labels.


When I posted the monkeys with their signs on Instagram, I was still trying to figure out how to anchor all five images on a card and have it make sense. I decided to use Cherry Blossoms in the corners so it would look like the signs were attached to a tree. I think it looks fairly realistic.


All of the images were coloured with Copic markers and I've listed the colours in the supply links below for your reference. I love all these pale neutrals together. What else can you imagine these monkeys doing? Do you have any crazy ideas for me to try?


Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies:

3 comments:

Shelly said...

So super cute, Emily!

Natalie said...

Reminds me of the toy "barrel full of monkeys" the way they are hitched together! Great fun.

Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...

Your card is so fun! I love how you added the monkeys diagonally to the front; such a great design. :)