Friday, May 24, 2019

{Concord & 9th} May 2019 Feature Friday: Vintage Flower


Welcome back to another Concord & 9th Feature Friday! This week, I'm delighted to be sharing a project featuring the Vintage Flower Stamp Set. This set is so easy to use, whether it's coloured or left uncoloured. I thought it would be perfect for watercolouring with distress inks since that's my favourite colouring medium.


I used four colours for the flower and another for the buds/berries and two colours for the leaves. I also used a bit of blue around the stamped images to create a subtle sky and a bit of depth. All of those colours are listed in the supply list below for your reference.


I masked off the word 'you' from the original sentiment and heat embossed the rest of the sentiment on the panel. Then I stamped the Gingham Background on a strip of watercolour cardstock and used Scor-Tape to adhere a strip of glitter gold cardstock. I die cut the letters and heart, using the Simple Serif Alphabet Dies, and watercoloured the tops of the letters to match the flowers. Finally, I popped them on fun foam and adhered them to the panel with liquid glue.


In case you missed it, last week's Feature Friday post featured the Simple Serif Alphabet Dies and the previous week's Feature Friday featured the Filled In Florals Bundle, a companion set to the Fine Line Florals Bundle. I also sneak peeked these sets together in a Two Many Cards video and you can watch that HERE.

Thanks so much for stopping by! I'll see you again next Friday! :)

Supplies:

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

This is beautiful! Perfect colouring, and those letters are beyond amazing.