Friday, May 31, 2019

{Concord & 9th} May 2019 Feature Friday: Cool Treats Turnabout


Welcome back to another Concord & 9th Feature Friday! This week, I'm delighted to be sharing two projects featuring the Cool Treats Bundle. Can you believe this was my first time using a turnabout?! Whaaat? Well, I clearly need to own a few more sets the rest! LOL


I actually made this card second but it was finished first because I didn't know what to do with the completed Cool Treats Turnabout background! The stamping wasn't perfect on my first attempt so I decided to use a strip of it and I love how it looks!


I used the little popsicle dies and added texture to all of them by die cutting the stitched elements and dry embossing the halves on to the blue popsicle. I sponged the popsicles to make them the same colours as the ink colours used (see supply list below). I created my own vertical sentiment with phrases from the Cool Treats Turnabout and this month's freebie Lots to Say. I finished with a strip of white glitter cardstock, a white glitter heart and a few stamped stars.


I restamped the Cool Treats Turnabout and covered it completely with vellum. This allowed it to shine but not distract from the big popsicle. I used the diagonal lines in two colours to create a frame for the sentiment. Then I recut the popsicle in white glitter cardstock to create a dipped look and to add sparkle to the card. I finished with a white hemp bow on the stick.


I can't even begin to tell you how much I enjoyed playing with the Cool Treats Bundle! It's a must-have, especially for the summer months, but my family enjoys cool treats year-round so I can totally imagine making holiday cards with it by switching up the sentiment. I need to play with these more and see what other delicious designs I can dream up. ;)


It has been an absolute pleasure guesting for Concord & 9th this month! In case you missed my other guest designer posts, here they are:

May 24th | Feature Friday (post): Vintage Flower Bundle (product)
May 17th | Feature Friday (post)Simple Serif Alphabet Bundle (product)
May 10th | Feature Friday (post)Filled In Florals Bundle (product)


I also shared a Two Many Cards video featuring both the Filled In Florals Bundle and Fine Line Florals Bundle, and you can watch that HERE.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies:

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Maybe someday we'll get the kind of weather for eating popsicle treats out in the sunshine... but in the meantime they look amazing on your cards!