Tuesday, May 14, 2019

{Technique Tuesday} May 2019 Release Blog Hop


Welcome to  Technique Tuesday's May 2019 Release Blog Hop! The design team is featuring a variety of release products and you're sure to love them so be sure to head over to the Technique Tuesday blog for the full reveal and links to all of the amazing projects. All of the amazing new products are now available for purchase!


Today, I'm featuring the Alligators and Crocodiles stamp set and coordinating dies. I know I say it every month but Technique Tuesday continues to outdo itself with every Animal House Collection release. These alligators and crocodiles have the most hilarious expressions and I love the super suspicious birds! LOL I'm amazed by the detail in their tiny eyes!


The images in this set were so fun to watercolour, which I did with distress inks after heat embossing. I picked my colours for the alligators, crocodiles and birds, then used the same colours to ink blend three panels which were die cut using the Cars on the Border Dies.


After the panels were ink blended, I used shimmer spritz to create splatter on them, to give dimension to the sunset, sand and marsh areas.


I also heat embossed the fun sentiment, which is one of the most unique sentiments I've ever come across. In fact, this set has the best snarky sentiments I've seen in a long time! If I were just starting my Animal House Collection, I'd pick Alligators and Crocodiles as my first set.


Be sure to hop along for more inspiration featuring products from the May 2019 Release!


Thanks so much for hopping along with us!

Supplies:

9 comments:

Lynn said...

I like how this card is designed and the humor of the sentiment.

Lisa K said...

Super cute card! Love the design with the alligators.

norine said...

Great card Emily! Love the color scheme and design!

Bev said...

Thanks for this amazing post! I love that you noticed that I made the birds suspicious. I wan't sure anyone would pick up on that detail! Hugs, Tam

Ana A said...

Gorgeous card Emily! I love the visual dimension you've created with that wavy border! Amazing color combo as well :) This card makes me love those adorable crocs and birds even more!

Janet said...

Love your adorable card! Such a cute stamp set. Thanks for the inspiration. :D

cghundley said...

Fabulous stamp set
and your card is do
fun!
Carla from Utah

V. K. said...

This is the cutest stamp set and the sentiments are so funny and clever. You created such a fun card. Nicely done!!

Mrsfish02 said...

I am a croc fan and these are so handsome. Love the sentiment also.