Saturday, June 8, 2019

{Sunny Studio Stamps} Home Run/Slam Dunk Birthday Card by Damian


My son made this card for his classmate who celebrated his birthday this past week. His friend plays in hockey and baseball leagues but is also a huge basketball fan. With the Toronto Raptors doing so well in their first ever NBA Final, who wouldn't be? ;)


Naturally, Damian reached for Sunny Studio Stamps' Team Player and stamped out the trophy, baseball, bat and basketball using the original MISTI stamping tool. Then he used his favourite colouring medium, Prismacolor Premier Pencils.


My favourite part of this card is the way Damian was able to transform the basketball into a Toronto Raptors ball using a Copic multi-liner and fine point Sharpie! My husband and I were so impressed and I know his friend will be, too!!


After the images were coloured and die cut, Damian arrange them in a cluster and picked a combination sentiment. It was a tough choice between "home run" and "slam dunk" since either phrase would've worked for these images. I stamped the sentiment myself since it involved multiple steps with masking.


Finally, the images were adhered to the panel with glue dots and foam tape. The only image Damian wanted popped up was the trophy but he specifically wanted the handle of the bat behind the basketball with the top end leaning against the trophy. The top of the bat is popped up and the bottom is flat on the panel. To finish, we embellished the card with three stars, die cut from silver screen cardstock.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies:

5 comments:

cm said...

Wildly cheering and applauding Damian's card that is, in my view, a home run, slam dunk and trophy-worthy in every way! I'm rather clueless with basketball, but cheer the Blue Jays allllll the time! Way to go, Damian...I know your friend loves this, as do I!

Carol (from just down the road in Alberta)

Rebecca Ednie said...

Tell him it’s awesome. Go Raptors!

Natalie said...

Give Damian a high five from me! He did a very good job.

Shona Chambers said...

Wow Damian, this is fantastic and I bet your friend loved it, especially knowing you made it yourself. My son Max is 12yrs and plays basketball and I love watching him on the court. He's the tallest in his team and so good at getting the points. Hope you make some more cards and another video with your Mum soon!! xxxx

Mary-Anne V said...

Wow this is one fun card that Damian made. I have this same set and love it. I am so impressed with this Raptor's bball! So proud of the Raptors and happy for all of Canada that they won. I am sure Damian's friend will love it.