Saturday, May 30, 2009

A 3-in-1 SOA Card!

Initially I thought I was making a 2-in-1 card but it's actually a 3-in-1 card for Stampin' Out Alzheimer's. Wow! This qualifies for the challenges Any Winged Thing (self-explanatory), Two By Two Card Challenge (use brown, pink and one neutral colour plus two embellishments) and Verve Sketch Challenge (shown below). I rarely use this butterfly punch and almost got rid of it but I'm glad I didn't since it came in handy for this occasion. I coloured it in using my brown and pink Copic markers. Then I handwrote the sentiment because my gold and white embossed ink pads were all dried up. I guess it's time to get new ones. This card is busy but I love how everything matches and that ribbon is just gorgeous. It was almost too sunny this morning when I photographed the card so there are shadows everywhere!

Here's the Verve Sketch:
And here's my card:
Sources: DCWV cardstock; Provo Craft paper; unknown textured paper (was a gift); American Crafts mini brads in chestnut; BasicGrey mellow ribbon; butterfly punch; Copic markers; McGill circle punch; Fiskars Threading Water border punch; Dimension squares; Pilot extra fine gold pen

1 comment:

Michelle B. AKA JustPaintingAround said...

Oh, I love that delicate little butterfly in the circle! Cute!