Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Hey There Cupcake

I've been wanting to take part in the Taylored Expressions Cupcake Challenge forever and I finally got around to it this afternoon. I had some extra time when my son decided to take marathon naps today. Yay! I had so much fun with this sketch since it gave me the chance to use one of my favourite stamp sets, Hey There Cupcake. I love the variety this set provides and I should really use it more often. It's hard not to own more than one cupcake set though. Taylor's For the Love of Cupcakes sure tempts my wallet! I'm sure I'll own it someday. ;)

I distressed the papers with scissors, then picked my cupcake parts and decorations. I coloured them in with Copics and chalks and assembled them. I punched circles for their back drop and the reason why I didn't use three of the same colours is because I wanted the centre cupcake to be orange and it would've blended in too much. Lastly I picked a sentiment I hadn't used before and decided to try something new. I haven't seen anyone do this with their tag but that doesn't mean it hasn't been done. I'd definitely give credit where it's due if I was casing it but I honestly haven't seen it done anywhere. Feel free to let me know if you've done it yourself or have seen it done anywhere specific!

Sources: The Paper Company (cottonwood), DCWV (sweet stack), Paper Reflections (orange) & Halcraft (smooth white) cardstock; Stampendous Hey There Cupcake; Memories Artprint Brown & Sky inks; Vivid Butterscotch ink; SU Ballet Blue ink; Copics; Pebbles chalks; dimension squares; Marvy-Uchida 1/8" long reach circle punch; Darice hemp cord

11 comments:

Alysabeth said...

Love the colours you used and the hemp is a great accessory:o) TFS

Cindy Haffner said...

So yummy, perfect!!!

Elena said...

Very cute card! I love the distressing you did! The way how you attached the sentiment is so creative!

Diane said...

Very cute and yummy! Background paper is perfect!

Ida said...

Super Cute! Love the cupcakes are so fun and the way you did your sentiment is a great idea.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a nice comment.

I've been browsing some of your cards and you have some nice work here (love the paper pieced cards).

Happy Stamping!

Michelle B. AKA JustPaintingAround said...

Cute! Love that you separated the top and bottom of the cupcake. I just purchased this set and I hadn't thought to do that yet.

Stamp and Smile said...

Just the cutest card Emily!! Fun style and LOVE those YUMMY cupcakes... AND I LOVE the sentiment!! Sheer perfection girl... :)

Kristina said...

I don't think that dp could be any more perfect for this challenge! I love that stamp set too... I should dust it off and use it more often. Such a cute, fun card!

Alysabeth said...

I absolutely enjoy your blog and would like to give you an award I just received. The keys is to pass it on to 5 bloggers that inspire you:o)

Sam said...

This card looks SO scrumptious...I NEED CUPCAKES NOW...and only 5 seconds ago I decided to try and lose some weight...maybe another time ;-).

Best wishes.

Donna Baker said...

what a cute card! love the way you did the sentiment