Thursday, November 12, 2009

Pink Cat Studio - Nov 12th Digi Release!

This week we have some really gorgeous new images along with some familiar images of Christmas Kitty from the rubber set! Just click on any of my images for a closer look. :)

Here's a very versatile winter image of lovey dovey penguins kissing under the mistletoe. Aren't they sweet? This image just makes me smile! It's not just for Christmas either. All you have to do is remove the mistletoe and you use it for winter birthdays, anniversaries, hello, I miss you, and even Valentine's Day! I decided I would try a very common technique out there and use my swiss dots folder to make it snowy. I love how it made a quiet, romantic scene for the penguins. Teehee!

Sources: AC textured earth tones cardstock; SU ruby red cardstock; GinaK 120lb pure luxury white cardstock; Pink Cat Studio Penguins Mistletoe digi image; Copics; Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder; SU scallop edge punch; Zig Emboss Writer; PSX Snowflake embossing tinsel; Hobby Hot Boss; Darice hemp cord; dimension squares

My next card is very classic and I love it to death! I loved both the tall, thin snowman and Santa Melissa drew this week because they're so elegant. I didn't have time to make a card with the Santa but I will so keep an eye out for that. I added real fringe to the snowman's scarf with embroidery thread for that special something and kept the rest of the card very simple. Have you seen the new Basic Grey Nook & Pantry dps? I know they're not Christmas papers but this one works so well, don't you think? I had to buy them all because I'll be using them with some of my other projects so you'll be seeing a lot of new paper on this blog!

Sources: AC textured earth tones cardstock; Paper Reflections cardstock; Basic Grey Nook & Pantry cornbread dp; Pink Cat Studio Friendly Snowman digi image; The Old Island Stamp Company 592-A sentiment; Memories Black ink; Copics; DMC embroidery thread; dimension squares

This card was made with one of the new images of Christmas Kitty sleeping in a present. Isn't she darling? When I saw it, I immediately thought of having her lie on real crumpled up tissue paper. My colouring couldn't compare to the real thing! LOL Plus it adds so much more dimension to the card without having to add much more than glitter. This was really quick to make, too!

Sources: SU kraft cardstock; AC textured earth tones cardstock; SU textured very vanilla cardstock; GinaK 120lb pure luxury white cardstock; Pink Cat Studio Kitty Sleeping In Present digi image; Copics; AC mini chestnut brads; PSX Xmas Red Stickles; Gary M. Burlin gold & red glitter glue; tissue paper; dimension squares

If you would like to purchase any of today's new digis, CLICK HERE to head on over to the Pink Cat Studio Digi Store. Plus, don't forget to click on the DT links on my sidebar to see what the rest of the girls made this week! See you again soon. ;)

11 comments:

Kerry D-C said...

Wow! Emily! These are awesome!!! You rocked these images!! I really love the kitty in the real tissue!! so clever!

Cindy Haffner said...

Emily these stamps are adorable, awesome job.

Anonymous said...

OMG, I have to have that snowman...can you get the digi's seperate? Love everything you are doing girl!

Inkerbelle said...

Awwww, such sweetness! The penguins are my favourites. Love how you added the border on the top with the mistletoe. :)

Maria said...

Awww, what cute cards Emily. You make such cute cards each week for PCS. Love the colors and pretty dps that you used. . .they make your cards look very elegant. Beautiful job on this week's release!!

maria

Vicki G said...

All of your designs are so precious Emily! You put so much effort into designing gorgeous Cards each week!!!! Love your work!

Hugs

Vicki

Jodi said...

Your cards are just too cute and very creative! My favorite has to be the added tissue paper for the insides of the box!!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Michelle B. AKA JustPaintingAround said...

Love the kitty! Great idea to use real tissue and I love words in the background!

Donna Baker said...

these images are so cute - I love all your cards especially the snowman

Suzanne J Dean said...

These are both elegant and so sweet Emily! That kitty is just fab though (I'm biased since I have 5 myself, hee hee)! Wonderful!

hugz,
Suzanne

Kristen said...

Emily, Fabulous cards. I love what you did with the images.