Sunday, November 22, 2009

Sweet Birthday

It looks like yesterday's inspiration of making bright and cheery customized cards has carried over to today! This card is for a cousin in New York whose birthday isn't 'til mid-December but I'm getting a head start on my birthday cards to take a break from Christmas cards since I still have a lot of those to make. How are your Christmas cards coming along? :)

There are some subtle differences between this card and yesterday's card for my niece. I placed the scallops at the top of the focus panel and used cord instead of ribbon. Instead of stitching for detail, I used dimension squares to pop the details. This card showcases the cupcakes from Basic Grey's new Nook & Pantry dp. I really love that collection! I also decided to try Nichole Heady's notch technique to keep threads and twine in place when wrapping them around cardstock. I used my Marvy-Uchida 1/8" long reach circle punch. It was easy and worked so well allowing the cord to stay put while I tied it! I think I will be doing this from now on.

Sources: SU chocolate chip & ruby red cardstock; DCWV Sweet - raspberry swirl & glitter pink frosting cardstock; Basic Grey Nook & Pantry cupcakes dp; Fiskars Threading Water border punch; Marvy-Uchida 1/8" long reach circle punch; QuicKutz Epic Six; QuicKutz Sticky Note Mini Alphabet Set; Basic Grey buttons; Darice hemp cord; dimension squares

2 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Yummy Emily I love your buttons.

Amy said...

I love the cupcakes! The buttons look really sweet too... great card! BTW I remembered your entered my last blog candy so I thought I would swing by and let you know I have more goodies up for grabs at the moment!