Saturday, December 26, 2009

Happy Birthday, Grandma

I hope Christmas was as wonderful for you as it was for me and my family. Happy Boxing Day to those of you out there celebrating! I hope you find some good deals if you're planning on shopping but I'm not a fan of crowds so I'll be staying away from the shops today. ;)

Today I have a birthday card to show you. I used the Pink Cat Studio digital image Lily in her winter coat to make a birthday card for my mother-in-law whose birthday is coming up. In the past we've addressed her cards 'Mother' from her son, my hubby, but since she has a grandson now who can call her by name it's more fun to address the cards to 'Grandma'. As I hinted before the holidays, I knew I was getting nesties because they were on my wish list. These ones were from hubby and being my first time experimenting with them I think it looks okay. I wouldn't say it's the greatest as it looks slightly off kilter to me but perfectly fine for my first attempt!

Sources: SU Bashful Blue & Ruby Red cardstock; SU textured Black cardstock; DCWV Green-Air Words & Flower Dot cardstock; GinaK 120lb pure luxury white cardstock; Pink Cat Studio Lily Winter Coat digital image; Imaginisce All Kinds of Happy 'Happy Birthday to You!'; Verve Because of You 'Grandma'; SU Ballet Blue ink; Memories Black ink; Copics; Spellbinders Nestabilities in Classic Ovals Large & Classic Scalloped Ovals Large; Fiskars Nostalgia corner edger; Zig Emboss Writer; Ranger Ancient Gold embossing powder; Hobby Hot Boss; dimension squares

No comments: