Tuesday, February 2, 2010

PTI Birthday Bash Challenge

{Please note: The photo has been updated since the original post.} I've had a rough couple of days so I really should be in bed already but I had to make this card for PTI's Birthday Bash Challenge. I've been a huge fan of PTI for a long time and have never participated in any of their card challenges...until now that is! All of the stamp designers created free digital birthday images and I choose Dawn McVey's for my card. I kept it relatively simple by embossing kraft cardstock for a subtle background, then stamped text from PTI's Background Basics: Text Style II in the receded chocolate area with white ink. I used some of my new Valentine ribbon to soften the edges and popped the focus image on at a slight angle. I normally photograph my cards in the daytime since I don't have a lightbox but since I made this one tonight I had to use the flash so I apologize for the crappy photo. I'll try to take a better one in the morning if I have time but I had to post this now since I won't be up before 7am! ;)

Sources: SU Kraft & Chocolate Chip cardstock; GinaK 120lb pure luxury white cardstock; Free Birthday Graphic by Dawn McVey; PTI Background Basics: Text Style II; ColorBox Frost White pigment ink; Spellbinders Nestabilities in Standard Circles Large; QuicKutz Retro Diamonds embossing folder; QuicKutz Epic Six; AC ribbon; dimension squares

1 comment:

Inkerbelle said...

Beautiful card! Clean and simple, yet really nice with the neutral colours.
Hope you feel better soon!!!