Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

It's less than two weeks 'til Mother's Day and I still have a bunch of cards to make for the biggest holiday of the year. Biggest you say? Well, the telephone companies say that the lines are busiest on Mother's Day so that tells me that it's the most important holiday of the year! Moms are that special. Being a Mom, though, I feel that every day is Mother's Day. :)

I had a couple of orders come in yesterday, one from Quebec and one from California, so I had to get them done last night and into the mail this morning to give my clients enough time to get them to their mothers. I love the ribbon treatment on this card by Jennifer McGuire so I gave it my best shot. It's been a while since I used ribbon and it's a nice way to use up some of my neglected stash. As you can see, both cards are the same. I just mixed up the order of the ribbons. I used the lines from Top Ten for the background and the sentiment is from Because of You.

Sources: SU Chocolate Chip & Naturals Ivory cardstock; PTI Top Ten; Verve Because of You; Memories Sky ink; Memento Rich Cocoa ink; Fiskars Apron Lace border punch; SU 1-3/8" circle punch; AC ribbons; Darice hemp cord; Forever in Time Pop-Dots

No comments: