Sunday, June 6, 2010

Wedding Wishes for Nick & Sarah

A friend of mine ordered a couple of wedding cards. The first one needs to be cute but there was no specific request for the second. I decided to use SCS's CAS Fireworks Challenge #2 for the latter since I had complete creative license to do whatever I wanted. This challenge requires the use of sparkle by any means so I chose to use embossing tinsel. I started by using one of my favourite bases, kraft cardstock, and one of my favourite inks, Kiwi Kiss, to create an elegant background and make the card personal.

Then I die cut the butterflies, inked them with both coloured ink and watermark ink and heat embossed tinsel on top. After deciding where the butterflies would be placed, I stamped the antennae and tails and adhered the butterflies with crystal effects. To finish, I added the wedding wishes sentiment in both artprint brown to match the antennae and elegant eggplant to match the purple butterfly and pull all the colours together. I made this card to stand vertically but when I was done it also looked good horizontal. That's never happened before! LOL Thanks so much for stopping by.

Sources: SU Kraft & Naturals Ivory cardstock; PTI Outlines Alphabet; PTI Fancy Flourishes; PTI Top Ten; PTI Enjoy the Ride; PTI Butterfly Dreams; SU Kiwi Kiss, Summer Sun & Elegant Eggplant inks; Memories Artprint Brown ink; Versamark Watermark ink; Ranger Ancient Gold embossing powder; PSX Sapphire embossing tinsel; Hobby Hot Boss; PTI Butterfly die; QuicKutz Epic Six; SU crystal effects

1 comment:

Meg said...

Wowzers! I love what you did with Kiwi Kiss & kraft here!! This is just a stunning card--you know Nick & Sarah will treasure it!! Love the butterflies, the swirls, the lettering, the sentiment, all of it! Good luck!