Wednesday, November 24, 2010

May Your Season Sparkle

This card is for the Color Cue {10} challenge which is to use the colours shown at left. Each Wplus9 design team member has also chosen their own combinations and you can visit Dawn's blog or click on the photo to see the other colours. One of the reasons I love Dawn's Color Cue Challenges so much is because I'm amazed at her ability to choose colour combinations that are striking and surprising. I often fall in love with them even if I'm not quite sure they work at first. This is a true example of that!

I've had this ornament punch for almost a year now and it was definitely time to use it. I used a couple of stamps from Magical Moments to decorate the ornaments, sponged up the edges, added some rhinestones that I coloured with a purple Copic marker, punched holes in the top and strung them with lilac twine. I stamped a sentiment from Unity's November Kit and popped the ornaments on the kraft card base with dimensionals. This was so much fun and easy so I think I will be using this design to make a huge batch of Christmas cards. Purple lovers will exalt because I'm about to say that I might actually like purple after making this card! ;)

Sources: GinaK pure luxury Kraft & 120lb pure luxury White cardstock; Wplus9 Magical Moments; Unity November 2010 Kit of the Month - Picture Perfect; Vivid Red ink; SU Lavender Lace ink; Memento Tuxedo Black ink; SU ornament punch; Marvy-Uchida 1/8" long reach circle punch; SU Basic Rhinestones; Copics; The Twinery baker's twine in Lilac; Stampin' Dimensionals; SU Crystal Effects

18 comments:

Janna Werner said...

how could you not love purple?! lol, gotcha!

Janna

G Peplow said...

Fabulous card Emily, you gotta love purple, surely :0) xx

Monique said...

Oh so Sweet Emily :)... Love the purple twine :) and such a pretty sentiment :)

Angela said...

Well hi there, design genius -- how you doin'? Nifty use of punches and twine -- and yes, you can rock the purple!

Karen B. said...

Oh goodness, this has to be the most fabulous, most chic christmas card I've seen! Love the design and the unexpected use of the stamp set.

Beth aka BR-T said...

Emily this card is terrific I love the ornaments and kraft! Beth

Julie said...

Emily this is gorgeous! I love the details on these ornaments! They are so elegant! Just beautiful!

Lindsey said...

What a gorgeous card! I love the touch of shading on the leaves. (Looks like a poinsetta!)

Evelin said...

OOoooh.... Love your card! What a great way to use the stamps! Thanks for the inspirations, girl! and I love the twine over at Twinery!! woot woot! :D

Ujjwal said...

Gorgeous card Emily!! Love the way you have used the stamps and the colors have come out so beautifully!!

kasia c. said...

Such a pretty card! I love how you created thos ornaments with non-christmasy stamps. Love it! :)

Smita said...

Lovely Card... the ornaments are too cute!

Wish you and your family a very happy Thanksgiving!

Hugs,
Smita

~amy~ said...

LOVE this....hmmm...I love that punch..

farmhouse-story said...

awesome card design, emily:) what a great way to use dawns stamps with unity stamps! happy weekend!

Alice said...

beautiful ornaments. lovely card!

Meg said...

Em, you're a braver woman than me! Those colors looked too daring to me, but I love the unique holiday look you created with them! The sponging on the ornaments looks great as does your use of just part of the image.

Jinny Newlin said...

This is fantastic, Emily! Wouldn't I love to see that peacock on my Christmas tree! So unexpected and yet you're leaving me all a-swooning!

FLEUR de Lo said...

What a fun idea to crop the peacock that way!