Saturday, December 11, 2010

PDCC59, a Blog Award and an Amber Ink Winner!

This is a birthday card for my mother-in-law whose birthday is in the first week of January. Her favourite colour is purple and since purple was included in this week's Play Date Cafe Challenge #59 I used that brilliant combination for this card.

I created the sentiment panel first, then randomly stamped three different snowflakes in three different colours in the area where I wanted to place the sentiment. I punched holes, threaded the twine and adhered the label to the card base. I thought the card was missing something so I added rhinestones to the centres of the brilliant blue snowflakes.

More than a week ago, I received this blog award from the fabulous Julie Hoffman. Thank you, Julie, for honouring me with this wonderful gift!

Blog awards are dear to me because they are from very special crafty friends. I know that sounds sappy but it's true! I'm supposed to tell you three things that make me, me, and then I'm supposed to pass it on to three friends:

  1. I'm possessive about my "stuff" which means I get paranoid when friends ask to borrow my books, CDs, DVDs, stamps, etc. I always write a note to remind myself to ask for them back the next week. Eeek!
  2. I'd rather purchase and prepare my own food to eat at home which means I enjoy going out to eat once in a while but not too often!
  3. I love to sleep and could use 10 hours of sleep a day but somehow I've been surviving on less and less, especially since my son was born. ;)

It was really difficult to choose only three but here are the beautiful and inspirational ladies I'm passing this award to:

  1. Cookie Groover
  2. Janna Werner
  3. Jennifer Hagfeldt

After the Amber Ink Holiday Blog Hop on Tuesday, voters were encouraged to vote for their favourite card in the hop and mine was the winner! Thank you to all of you who took the time to participate in the hop and vote. The past and present torchbearers had a fabulous time creating holiday cards and they were all fabulous. I'm honoured that mine was chosen as the winner and the best part of it is that one of the hoppers who left a comment here will now win a $10 gift certificate to the Amber Ink store! That lucky lady is... drum roll, please...

Congratulations, Meg! Please email Amber Alvarez at info@amberink.com and let her know that I chose you as my blog hop winner of a $10 gift certificate to the Amber Ink store.

Sources: SU Tempting Turquoise cardstock; GinaK 120lb pure luxury White cardstock; SU Brilliant Blue, Tempting Turquoise & Lavender Lace inks; Papertrey Ink Fillable Frames #4 & die; QuicKutz Epic Six; Martha Stewart stamp & punch polar snowflake; Marvy-Uchida 1/8" long reach circle punch; The Twinery baker's twine in Lilac; SU Basic Rhinestones; Stampin' Dimensionals

24 comments:

Andrea Ewen said...

Super CAS design and wonderful mix of details! That baker's twine is fabulous! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

Lindsey said...

Nice colours! I've been eyeing that challenge myself... now just to get the stamps inky! :P This card is great, wintry yet so not Christmasy, perfect for a January birthday.

Alice said...

you make the prettiest stamped backgrounds, girl! lovely card!

Yvonne Russell said...

A lovely elegant card. Gosh, you're organised getting it done way ahead of time... I'm sure she will love it.

Janna Werner said...

Oi! Thanks so much Emily. Too bad you stole some of my attitdes lol.
Looking forward to some more naughty cards *giggles*

Hugs
Janna

Janna Werner said...

*attitudes ;)

Karin said...

You rocked this color challenge...So pretty and the gems are a great touch!

Wendy ten Hove said...

I love this card!! It's made in my fave colors, so already one point for that, hi hi, but it's also so simple, but perfect in the layout! The gorgeous twine white and purple finish it perfectly! Love it!

Hugs, Wendy

Karen B. said...

oh, i think this card has to be a most favorite creation of yours! love the colors and the the twine treatment.

Meg said...

Fabulous card! Love the fun color scheme and the little touch of bling!

And, woohoo!, it does pay to be tardy to the party sometimes! Way to go random number generator!

Scrapcollectr said...

Congrats on the awards! It's always fun to come visit your blog....beautiful cards always on display! *smile*

Jennifer said...

Awwww your so sweet Emily!! Thank you so much for the blog award!!! I really appreciate all your sweet comments and all the inspiration you give to me!!! (=

Unknown said...

Love how you wrapped the twine around several times to tie on the sentiment...what a fantastic card!

Maria said...

A beautiful card! Love the snowflakes and use of twine...very pretty!!!

Cristina said...

You made your PDC card look so easy! I want to play along, but I'm having so much trouble with the colors. Aaaah! You're always an inspiration...

Julie said...

Gorgeous card Emily! I love the stamped background and the beautiful sentiment. Love the twine too! Thanks for mentioning me in your post. Your projects always inspire me!

Sunghee said...

Yay~!!! Em!!!! Congrats!!!

Ruby said...

I LOVE this, so simple and elegant! Thanks for joining in on the fun with us at the Play Date Cafe!

G Peplow said...

Gorgeous card and congrats on your well deserved award, big smiles:0) xx

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

EVERYTHING you make is just FABULOUS! I love this card-very clever!! You are SUPER TALENTED:) Thanks so much for playing along and joining in the color fun over at the PDCC:}

Unknown said...

this is simple, clean and beautiful :)

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

congrats on the shout out for this fab card!

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

What a gorgeous CAS design, beautiful stamping. Very elegant! Love it!!!

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful card. Congrats with the Fab 4 win!