Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day Blog Hop

Hello and Happy Valentine's Day!!! Welcome to today's Valentine's Day Blog Hop organized by the amazing Taylor Usry! You should've arrived from my incredible Pink Cat Studio design teammate Patty Tanúz's blog. If not, you will want to start at Taylor's blog to get all the details as well as a complete list of participants and prizes. Both the Pink Cat Studio design team as well as Amber Ink alumnae were invited so I made both a Pink Cat Studio card as well as an Amber Ink card.

My first card features Cupid Billy from the set Lily & Billy Sweethearts. The three hearts are from the same set and the sentiment is a partial from Lily at the Beach. I stamped Billy at the top and then slightly rotated him as I restamped him down the left side. I added the hearts as if someone standing below was hit by the cupid's arrow. I coloured the images with Copic markers and added clear Spica to Billy's wings and blossom Spica all the hearts.

This second card features the blowfish from Can I Keep Him?!! and a sentiment from Rockin' It Unity Style. The blowfish's tail and fins reminded me of hearts which is why I chose this particular image and colours. The stitched frame is Amber Ink iPaper and it's backed by washi tape. I've been looking for new ways to incorporate my washi tape and I'm really pleased with the way this turned out. I started by using my paper trimmer to create the iPaper frame and then mapped out where the washi tape would begin and end. I tore four pieces and adhered it to the card base. Then I adhered the frame and stamped the sentiment and blowfish, colouring it with Copics. The last step was to stitch around the frame with red thread.

You have until Thursday, February 17th at 6:00pm EST to comment and be eligible for prizes! The prizes are hidden on various blogs on this hop and the winners will be chosen via Random.org. The more love you leave, the better your chances of winning and if my blog happens to have a winner then I will make an announcement here on Friday. The following is only a third of all the fabulous prizes you could win! You can find the complete list of prizes on Taylor's blog.

$10 gift certificate

Chi Chi Memories

Meaning of Love Digi Stamp Set

Little Potato House

$20 gift certificate


$10 gift certificate

One person will receive Timeless Love;
Two people will receive five digis of their choice

Five digis of winner's choice to one winner

Four cling rubber stamps from new release to one winner

Your next stop on this Valentine's Day Blog Hop
is another one of my
Pink Cat Studio
design teammates,
the super talented
Jane Matsumoto!

Sources for Sending You Some Love: SU Real Red cardstock; Gina K Designs 120lb pure luxury white cardstock; Pink Cat Studio Lily & Billy Sweethearts; Pink Cat Studio Lily at the Beach; Memento Tuxedo Black ink; Copics; atyou Spica Clear & Blossom glitter pens

Sources for I Adore You: Gina K Designs 120lb pure luxury white cardstock; Amber Ink Bubble Fizz-White iPaper; Amber Ink Can I Keep Him?!!; Unity March 2010 Kit of the Month - Rockin' It Unity Style; Memento Tuxedo Black ink; SU Brilliant Blue ink; Copics; Craft Y+L Oldbook washi tape purchased from PrettyTape; Gutermann red thread; sewing machine

72 comments:

Karin said...

Adorable projects today. Which is no different than any other day here at your blog ;) LOVE that little Valentine fish and the frame is a great idea!

gudrun said...

Your cards are so beautiful!! Happy valentines day.

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

These are absolutely precious, Emily! I love them both! I hope that you have a wonderful Valentine's Day!

Kiksisworld said...

Lovely creation. Neat and elegant! Happy Valentins Day.

Hugs

Kiksi

ShersL84bed said...

Super cute blow fish card! Thanks for sharing

ShersL84bed@aol.com

Beth aka BR-T said...

Emily I nearly laughed when I saw Billy playing Cupid too fun! I love the Blow fish card and your amazing framing job!

BlackBird said...

I like this little angel.

Cheryl said...

Both of these are so cute! I lov the design of both. That puffer fish is an adorable image.

Happy Valentine's Day!

Jennifer said...

These are just TOO CUTE!!! (=

Sue said...

Love the stitching on your cards !

G Peplow said...

Wonderful cards Emily:0) xxx

Anonymous said...

Two truly beautiful cards, I love the Billy Cupid one, that's so cute, beautiful colouring too:)
Happy Valentines Day
Suzi
xxx

Angela said...

I love how your Cupid Billy card tells a little story -- so thoughtful! And that washi/iPaper combo is divine on card #2 -- I'm so glad you and your tapes are getting along!

Sugar said...

awwww cuuute!! love the blowfishy!!

Sprytebyrd said...

Such great cards! I love your Billy Cupid card!

Hugs! Dee Sprytebyrd's Sentiments

jan farnworth said...

great project

Brigitte said...

Both cards are just so cute! TFS
brigitteetleschats at hotmail dot com

Amber Alvarez said...

Adorable, Em! Happy Hearts and kisses and love and fluff ;)

farmhouse-story said...

adorable cupids and blowfish, emily! great job with the tape--i really like it:)

Louise said...

Sooo cute, I love the stiching, it really adds a lot. I wish I new how to sew! hAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY, Louise

silvia said...

Cute cards!! LOVE the blowfish!!

Lindsey said...

Cupid Billy is so cute! Even his, um, diaper/loincloth/? is heart-shaped. And you used an AmberINK fish! Love his little red heart-fins and tail. Happy Hearts Day!

Martha Hernandez said...

Cupid Billy its adorable and the card its beutiful!!! thanks for sharig!

Tracey said...

These are fabulous! Love that first card!

Shauna K said...

such great cards!! the lil fishie is too adorable, and your coloring on the cupid card is absolutely lovely!!

Pam Hornschu said...

That blowfish is so cute and different! Love the "bubbles" in the background paper that you used.
Pam Hornschu
www.1pamperedstamper.blogspots.com

Lisa said...

super cute....love it!

Scrappychick said...

ADorable cards Emily! Valentine Hugs!
Cyndi

Chantal said...

happy valentinesday!!

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

What fantastic creations! Always inspiring! Just love that frame on your second card. CAS perfection!

Lorraine said...

Oh your cards are so adorable!

Cat said...

What pretty cards! Love the LOs, colors, and stitching! Happy Valentine's Day!

Pam said...

Wow yet again! I too love that frame and washi tape - from the photo it seems to add so much shadow and dimension to pop that cute image. Top card cupids are so darling. Hope your VDAY rocked!

Allye said...

cute cards - Happy Valentine's Day

Michelle Single said...

That blowfish is killing me!!!! Can't help but smile at that card. So cute!!!!

Juliet A said...

Your clean and simple style is great!

Paper Sewn Visions said...

Those cupids are so cute. Thank you for sharing both of your cards.

Saskia said...

Lovely cards, so cute!

Hop, hop, hop... to the next blog!

Greetings, Saskia :)

Anke said...

Adorable cards! I love the simple designs. Great!

~amy~ said...

soooooo stinkin' CUTE!!!

sammi said...

Awwww these cards are so so cute! Thanks for sharing your creations! Happy Valentine's Day!

Anne Marie said...

Awweee those are so very sweet!

Janna Werner said...

Emily, I saw the first card and thought oh that is sweet and THEN I saw the SECOND one OMG this fish is hilarious, I LOVE the card!!! Janna

Patricia Hays said...

Hey, I recognize you from Splitcoaststampers! :) I love your clean & simple style. You've done a fabulous job with both of these cards!

Ilonka said...

wow your cards are so beautiful- and thhe blowfish is the cutest fish I've ever seen on a card!

Best wishes ILo

Kerry said...

Great cards and I adore the little fish!!! Fabulous!!!

Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils said...

You have a very unique style...I looked at the rest of your blog too! Very cohesive look to all of your work...crisp, clean and very graphic! Really like it!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous cards, bigest blog hop I ever seen, off to hop
hugs
Ildiko

Tanya said...

Adorable! I love the cupid Billy card :)

Cathy Spicer said...

Wow, you certainly know how to rock white space!

Virginia L. said...

What can I say... these cards are the cutest!! Thank you SO much for the lovely card and twine that came in the mail today. I. will.cherish. it.

Heidi said...

I love these two cards! So cute!

Sunghee said...

EMILY!!! You make cardmaking too easy! How do you do it! You are so brilliant! I'm amazed how you make simple stamps into such wonderful cards!

Janelle Stollfus said...

Tremendously awesome cards! I love everything about them.

Jennifer Dove said...

wow! Super cute cards!

Hannah Clark said...

Wonderful projects! I just love them!

Brenda said...

Those are the cutest Valentines Emily! That blow fish is a giggle!

Dawn said...

Emily,

Your card are so sweet!

Take care

TannyP said...

Seriously fabulous creations, Emily! Those are too cute. Your little Billy cupids are adorable and I love the sparkly hearts. That puffer with his fun frame is way too sweet. Great job =)

Monika Reeck said...

really adorable Emily love the first card soo cuuutee and also the 2nd one too....Your card really inspiring...hugs

Karenladd said...

LOL...got a real kick out of your cute puffer fish!! And your dh's card is AWESOME!!

Meg said...

Two fin-tastic cards! (see what I did there with the fish theme?) I love that stitched ipaper/washi tape frame and Cupid Billy is just adorable! I love the partial sentiment you used, so clever!

Brennen said...

Such cute little cards. Simple and sweet. tfs

Unknown said...

what a sweet card!! Just adore it!!

Terrece said...

Way cute! Pink Cat Studios has just won my attention. Very cute cards. It's your coloring that really makes them!

Leona said...

Very cute cards.

fairie said...

Beautiful cards as ever!!!

Lea said...

Cute cards!

Lea Kimmel

Jennifer_GlitterInMyHair said...

So adorable! Love that cupid Billy!

KindredEsprit said...

These are both so cute! Love the flying cherubs and the fish is adorable! Love the stitching on your 2nd card!

Taylor said...

Emily, these are adorable!!!! Thanks so much for hopping with me on Valentine's Day!

Alice said...

just adore your cards, girl! that first one is such a pretty design and the fish in the second one is soooooo cute! love them both!