Friday, January 10, 2014

{Mama Elephant} January Photo Inspiration Challenge


Since there's no release this month, Mama Elephant has a new challenge! The January Photo Inspiration Challenge runs from January 10th to February 7th and one very lucky winner will be chosen as our Guest Designer for an upcoming release! How's that for an amazing prize? ;)


The photo inspired me to create a cute little panda couple using Pandamonium. Pandas are always in black tie but I dressed up the girl panda to the nines. I pulled dark pink from the photo for the card base - die cut from Femme Frames Creative Cuts - and selectively inked the sentiments.

Since there's a glittery bow on the clutch in the photo, I used Dainty Bow Creative Cuts and glimmer cardstock to create a headpiece for the panda. In place of all the silk in the photo, I used vellum and the streamer die from Party Kit Creative Cuts to create the layers on her dress.


This card makes me squeal and I hope it inspires you to join in on this month's challenge! Visit the Mama Elephant Blog HERE for all the details and to link up.

Thanks for stopping by today!

Sources:

15 comments:

~amy~ said...

whoa whoa whoa.
a vellum ruffly dress AND a glittery bow?

GENIUS

Miriam Prantner said...

Too cute, love the attire!

Cindy C. said...

Too cute!!

Lindsey said...

Such a pretty inspiration photo... but it pales beside your card, Em! So incredibly adorable! I ♥ that panda dress!

Kristie Goulet said...

So cute! Love the Panda dress!!!

crafter said...

Adorable! Love the dress and bow!

Anonymous said...

Totally the cutest Emily!

Chris Dring said...

How stinkin cute is this! Love your card!

Jennifer said...

You seriously make the cutest cards! I love the bow!

Barb Ghig said...

Be still, my heart! This card is absolutely adorable, Emily! I'm still giggling over the dress and bow on the girl panda...too CUTE! I love your selective inking on your sentiment, too! Such a sweet card!

Aimes said...

Sa-weet! :D

Jessi Fogan said...

This card makes me squeal too! It couldn't possibly be any cuter!!!

Lea Lawson said...

This is so sweet! I love the girl panda's sparkly bow!!

Samantha Mann said...

dude i totally thought i already commented on this card! IT'S STUNNING!! i love that little panda with her vellum dress and glitter bow!!!! so so so so so love this!!!

Anni said...

Sooo cute! LOVE LOVE LOVE the skirt of the panda girl!
Anni