Friday, March 6, 2015

{Waffle Flower Crafts} Love at First Sight


I'm so excited to be a Guest Blogger over at Waffle Flower Crafts! When the Monochrome stamp set as released, I gasped 'cause I love critters, plus these ones were so unique and included some of my favourite types of animals. My husband, my son and I were all born in the Year of the Rat in the Chinese Zodiac! Plus, hubby and I are celebrating our 11th wedding anniversary next month so I used the rats to make a fun card.


I always use Versafine Onyx Black pigment ink to stamp anything in black for the sharpest and darkest images. I heat embossed both the sentiment and rats with clear embossing powder. I love that the bit of texture makes them look soft and furry. To create the background, I created a mask and the void is the Atlantic Ocean separating North America and Europe.


I stamped rats in six pale colours all over the panel to represent the vast number of possible love interests out there. LOL I added a couple of layers of Wink of Stella to the heart for a bit of shimmer and I also second-generation stamped the dotted line several times to ground the rats.


The greenish coloured rats were stamped first in neon chartreuse, followed by silver.  I love the unique colour and those particular rats pop a little more than the more muted colours. Would you believe that my husband didn't even notice all those rats in the background? LOL! I coordinated the peachy-pink cardstock on the outer edges of the card with the heart and dotted lines.


If you're new to my blog and feel like reading more, I had posted a condensed version of our love story a few years ago. :)

I've turned off comments for this post and would love it if you left some love on the Waffle Flower Crafts Blog. Thanks so much!

Sources: