Thursday, December 15, 2016

{Ellen Hutson Video} December Pin-Sights Challenge


I'm thrilled to be part of Ellen Hutson's December Pin-Sights Challenge! This month's photo inspiration is so festive, perfect for this time of year and I hope you'll play along. Just be sure to use at least one Essentials by Ellen product on a card, tag, layout, etc.


I was inspired by the obvious red and white colours, as well as the image with the two white birds. See how my card came together here:



I created the panel by sponging three distress inks on linen cardstock. Then I splattered water and a shine mist. While I waited for the panel to dry, I die cut the two doves from the Bird Shapes die set and used the Stitches Cover Plate to partially dry emboss the doves.


I heat embossed the snowflakes and sentiment, from Season to Sparkle, with sparkle embossing powder for even more sparkle. Then I sponged the bottom edges of the doves' wings and adhered them to the card. I coloured tiny pearls with a black Copic marker to create eyes for the doves.


It's a busy time of year but we'd love for you to join us, especially if you have last-minute Christmas cards to make! ENTER as many times as you like! One lucky winner will be drawn at random to receive a $50 certificate to spend at Ellen Hutson. Awesome, right?


You have two weeks to link up your project in The CLASSroom. I look forward to seeing all your entries!!

Sources:
SaveSave

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

This is such a gorgeous card!!! I love the sponged backgrounds, and partially embossing the doves is genius. Beautiful! Congrats on the GD post, partner! ;)