Monday, June 1, 2009

Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge [SSSC20] / Birthday Card #6

I decided to use Karen's fabulous Sunday sketch to make a birthday card for my father-in-law. He's retired now but had his own home renovation business so I thought Billy dressed up with his tool kit would make a great card. This was so much fun to colour! I was going to use blue brads but decided to stick with the hardware theme and go with silver to look like nails. The card didn't look finished without a sentiment so I used the folded ribbon tag which I've seen so many times but never used myself. This was the perfect opportunity to use it to hang a mock hack saw. Sweet indeed!

Here's Karen's sketch:

And here's my card:
Sources: DCWV, Halcraft and SBD cardstock; Pink Cat Studio Dress Up Billy; Memories Black ink; Copic markers; HOTP Tiny Words & Images; SU! Brilliant Blue ink; Fiskars Nostalgia corner edger; SU! brads; Dashes, Dots & Checks ribbon; Darice hemp cord; regular hole punch

4 comments:

for2nately said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog! :)
This little guy is adorable! thanks for sharing! Aren't Karen's sketches the best?
Hugs,
Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on winning Emily! This card is FABULOUS and you totally deserve it!

Sarah

Karen Giron said...

Your father-in-law will love this, what a perfectly thoughtful card!

Ann said...

SUPER cute!!! Great take on the sketch!