Monday, June 29, 2009

Thanks, Sis


I used Karen's sketch to make this card for my sister. We're heading down south for a visit this long weekend. I'm going to meet my two-month-old niece for the first time! I wanted to have something to thank my sister and her husband with when we leave so I came up with this. I know she'll love it and totally get that the baby bottle is yellow for the Medela brand we both use. :)

I partially cased this card from the one my husband made for me on Valentine's Day. Yup, you heard right! My husband has really good ideas when it comes to cards - like the bottle being thrown out of the buggy. He is a design engineer after all and is pretty creative, too. Also, my good friends know that a gift doesn't mean anything if there's no card. :Þ So my husband has been making cards for me because he knows how much it means to me. Awww!

Anyway, I started off by colouring this cute Stamping Bella image with Copics. The bottle is from a baby set that I no longer have the packaging for and have no idea what brand it is. I threw it out back in the day before I knew crafty bloggers sourced their stuff. Oy! I had to make my own nesties again and there's a spot where it doesn't fit together quite right but maybe I shouldn't point that out? LOL I have no idea what possessed me to use two different ribbons but at first it seemed to work. I added a brad where the hinge for the buggy cover would be and added Crystal Effects to the bottle. Do you like how the milk is perfectly leveled in its mid-air position? :D

Overall though I'm really not quite sure what to think of this card. It doesn't have a sentiment so it's appropriate that I'm speechless? I had really good intentions but I'm not sure anything matches at all. When I finished it I didn't like it but the more I look at it, especially after photographing it, the more I like it but I'm still not sure! It's probably because I always have this card in the back of my mind and it's pretty hard for me to live up to. What do you think?

Sources: The Paper Company, DCWV & Halcraft cardstock; Provo Craft paper; Stamping Bella bella baby buggy bumper; Memento Tuxedo Black ink; Copics; SU Crystal Effects; Sharpie fine black pen; Urban Scrapyard ribbon; Fiskars Seagull paper edger; SU brad; dimension squares

3 comments:

Karen Giron said...

This is precious! Your sister will absolutely love it and the bottle getting thrown from the buggy is priceless. How many times has that happened to me?! Very cute and have a fun visit!

Sharon Carr said...

How adorable!

Unknown said...

love the bottle!!!