Monday, September 21, 2009

A Golfing Good Time

This is the second card from the order my boss placed a few weeks back. Her sister Karen's birthday is coming up and I was given another list of possibilities to choose from. I have to love my boss. She's so organized which is of course what makes her a great boss! Karen loves pink and is a golf addict. Hmmm... all the golf stamp sets I've seen are so masculine. Where would I find a golf-related image that is feminine? Again I turned to Squigglefly and found this perfectly cute digital image!

As I was colouring this card, I kept thinking to myself how inappropriate this girl's outfit was for golfing! LOL I only have four pink Copic markers and they never seem to match any pink papers I have and I really wanted to paper piece with this image but how? It's a digital image so I couldn't just stamp my image on the paper. I really didn't want to waste any of this gorgeous dp but cutting a piece large enough to run through the printer. What is a crafty girl to do?! CLICK! The light went on inside my head again. LOL I figured out how to paper piece with digital images and I'm so excited!!! I'm sure others have thought of this before. Have you? ;)

My boss again wanted the recipient's name on the card. I find it very difficult to personalize images that are already busy as I don't want the card to look too busy or tacky, especially tacky! I can't tell you how many times the scripted sentiments from the Hey There Cupcake set have saved the day. They are tiny enough that they don't really take away from the image and fit pretty much anywhere! Can you believe I didn't use any sparkles, ribbon, shine or dimensions on this card? :P I began working on this card with the desire to use kraft cardstock and challenged myself to make it feminine. I think I've succeeded!

Sources: SU kraft cardstock; EK Success Dotted Wave edger punch; Basic Grey lemonade pretty poppy field dp; Basic Grey lemonade pretty petals dp; SU chocolate chip cardstock; Halcraft smooth white cardstock; Squigglefly Tiny Tina Golf Caddy; Copics; Stampendous Hey There Cupcake sentiment; SU Pink Passion ink; ICG alphabet punch set

1 comment:

Melody said...

This is such a cute card! The image is too sweet and I like how you paper pieced the dress.