Saturday, June 5, 2010

Happy Father's Day¹

I have three Father's Day cards to make and with SCS's CAS Fireworks Challenge #1 on my mind, I decided to use Chloe's Closet dp to make this a masculine literary card. My husband, Dad and father-in-law all love to read but since it's not appropriate to give a gift with black in my own culture, I decided this would go to my father-in-law. I usually make something cute and/or funny for my husband so I will stick to that tradition!

To make this easy card, I rounded two opposite corners and stamped the sentiment in both black and brilliant blue to make it pop. I lightly sponged the edges around the sentiment panel as well as the outer edge of the card. Then I strung five buttons together but only glued the middle three on blue ribbon so there would be some movement. Lastly, I distressed the right hand edge of the sentiment panel for added detail and attached it using dimension squares. I think this card is simple, elegant and manly enough for my father-in-law. :) I would've used it as my entry for the challenge but I realized it's not too colourful which was a requirement. Sometimes I have an idea in my head and can't change its direction. Oh well! Hopefully I'll have time to make an actual entry by tomorrow night. Have a great night!

Sources: SU Naturals Ivory cardstock; AC textured black cardstock; Making Memories Chloe's Closet dp; Verve Dad's Day; Memories Black ink; SU Brilliant Blue ink; SU 1-3/8" circle punch; Dashes, Dots & Checks ribbon; Forever in Time buttons; Darice hemp cord; Generations dimension squares

1 comment:

Angela said...

Cute card, Emily! I have a hard time passing up anything text-patterned. And thanks so much for your nice message, too!