Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Where there is LOVE

This afternoon, while I was "sublicating" (making cards to submit for publication - yes, I made that up) another happy accident occurred and I whipped up this quick card by repeating the accident. Do you remember what happened the last time I had a creative accident? :) That's right, I made this card, then this one and my first ever video tutorial! Today's card features a sentiment from Verve's Text Objects, a set I bought months ago but hadn't inked up yet. It was time to give it some love. Oh, and of course there's the awesome charcoal baker's twine from The Twinery!!

Enjoy the rest of your day and be sure to stop by tomorrow for an incredibly gnomey Pink Cat Studio digi release! Click HERE or on the blinkie for contest details. Trust me, you will want these digis!!

Sources: Gina K Designs 120lb pure luxury white cardstock; Verve Text Objects; SU Summer Sun, Tempting Turquoise & Wild Wasabi; Memento Tuxedo Black ink; The Twinery baker's twine in Charcoal

19 comments:

Brenda said...

Hi Emily! I think you need to have more of these "little accidents"! Not to say that I don't like the rest of your work, I adore it, but heck, I love the "messy" cards! I was just telling a friend about you yesterday and am about to send your blog link to her! Awesome card!!!

Vicky Hayes said...

Let's just say that some people have happier accidents than others! It's gorgeous Emily - like coming to the surface of a deep, deep lake after a dive...

Karen B. said...

Your accidents are always SO good!

Jennifer said...

You should have more accidents... (= They seem to make the coolest cards!!! (= LOVE it!!! (=

farmhouse-story said...

one adorable happy accident:) very sweet color combo, too!

Cheryl said...

"Sublicating" - Love that!

Gorgeous card! What a great mishap! I am adding this to my "creative inspiration" file.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

SUPER SUPER awesome! LOVE this accident! Can't wait to see what you get picked up!! LOVE it:)

Angela said...

"Sublicating" is definitely my new favorite word. And that card is genius! I already love your accidental techniques -- now there's a new one in town! Very cool.

Julie said...

Oh Emily I love this!!! Absolutely gorgeous! Love your new word too! I need to work on having more accidents in the craft room!

Smita said...

Oh wow! I'd love to know what 'little accident' made you create this fun background :) Love how you spotlighted the sentiment (by our very own Father of the nation :) )

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Oh, I like... I should try to make mistakes more often and see what I create.

Alice said...

beautiful background and the sentiment is fabulous! love it, Emily! must make mistake when making cards.... =)

Sunghee said...

Beau~~~tiful! Did you use the full ink pad for this, too? I've been meaning to try this technique. Gorgeous creation!

Janna Werner said...

love ur mistakes lol

G Peplow said...

Yeah! Gorgeous:0) xxx

FerrellGraph-x said...

I am envisioning a pretty wreath with flowers for spring! And Christmas! So fabulous!
Kindest regards,
Jennifer Ferrell

Lindsey said...

How come you get to have accidents that look so awesome? :D This is a great card. I don't even know how you would decide on those particular colours, but they work so well together!

Karin said...

Ack! I've been so busy and disorganized I totally missed this card earlier...Only you can create something so cool from a screw up! Love the color combo too!

Shauna K said...

this might be one of my fav cards using that inking technique!! i love how the blue makes a ring around the inside but also shows up on the outside :) and def makes the sentiment take front a center! not to mention you can't go wrong with a lil twine ;)