Thursday, April 14, 2011

Pink Cat Studio ~ April 14th Digi Release!

It's Thursday and Pink Cat Studio is back with a new digi release! I'm excited to announce that the original Fairy Friends (used in my birthday blog hop card for Melissa) and more Enchanted Lily are now available in digi format!

I used the Bunny Fairy to make a set of spring/Easter cards. I've been spending way too much money lately on padded envelopes and shipping costs so I wanted these to be completely flat.

I started by cutting paper from Echo Park's Little Girl Collection to give bright pops of colour to the kraft base. I used the scalloped strips as well as the remaining concave sections. I cut contrasting straight pieces and sandwiched those between the scalloped background piece and the 'waves' in the foreground.

Shockingly enough, I was not in a cutting mood so I decided that I would highlight the Bunny Fairy by using the Out of the Box with Nesties technique.

I stamped the Bunny Fairy four times and used a pencil to trace where I needed to cut around the ears. Then I die cut the circles and trimmed more closely around the ears. I created a mask for the bunny and stamped the Hero Arts Clouds in four different colours that would complement and contrast with the respective patterned papers.

Then I lightly shaded each Bunny Fairy and coloured the flowers with Copics to coordinate with the papers on each card. Before adhering the patterned paper sections and the bunny circles in place, I gauged the position of the sentiments and stamped those before attaching the patterned paper. Basically, I completed these cards from the bottom up.

After attaching the paper sections, I ever so slightly bent the card so the scallops would pop up and I could tuck the nestie under one of the scallops. Only the ears are 'free' which gives them a cute 'flapping in the wind' kind of look. Don't they make you smile? To finish, I corner chomped diagonal corners using both the 1/4" and 1/2" rounds. I realized after I finished these cards that they are a pretty close interpretation of one of the sketches for the Hero Arts April Contest, just flipped horizontally.

Thanks for stopping by for today's Pink Cat Studio digi release! As always, more inspiration can be found on the Pink Cat Studio Blog or the design team links on my sidebar. Have a wonderful day!

Sources: Gina K Designs pure luxury kraft & 120lb pure luxury white cardstock; Echo Park Little Girl Collection; Pink Cat Studio Bunny Fairy (also available in rubber); Hero Arts Clouds; Hero Arts Essential Messages; Memento Tuxedo Black ink; SU Summer Sun, Pink Pirouette, Bashful Blue & Olive Green inks; Copics; Spellbinders Nestabilities Standard Circles Large; Papertrey Ink Medium Scalloped Border die; QuicKutz Epic Six; We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper

35 comments:

Kary said...

Emily - these cards are SO cute!! I love how you made a group of them with different colours. Love the clouds in the background and the colours you have selected for each card. Truly gorgeous!! I'm So glad to be home and to have time to see all the beautiful cards on your blog. {{Hugs}}

G Peplow said...

Hi Emily, fabby cards, love your ideas and thanks for all the tips:0) xxx

Jen W. said...

I always love your Pink Cat Studio cards. :) The colour and pattern combos on these are so fun, bright and cheery! And are you feeling okay? "Not in a cutting mood"??? Who are you and what have you done with Emily!! LOL!

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

So fun! Love the way you did the scallops!

Angela said...

Love the clouds in all those fab colors, love the layers of echo park, and man, that is one cute bunny!

~amy~ said...

cute, cute, cute!!!!

farmhouse-story said...

flapping in the wind CUTE, emily! off to watch the technique video-tfs!

Jennifer Roach said...

So cute Emily!

Karin said...

You make the best card sets! Love the bright colors with the sweetest little fairies ever :)

Brenda said...

Gorgeous set of Easter cards Emily! Love that bunny fairy! (Thanks for always coming past my blog and leaving me comments, it beans a lot! Especially when I see you p,aging catch up!)

Emily Keaton said...

These are so adorable, Emily! I just love the bright springy colors and the kraft base keeps them from becoming overwhelming. Echoing the scalloped strips in contrasting colors gives such a cool effect. So creative!!

BabyBokChoy said...

Seriously, how can these be THAT cute?? so so so adorable, love how you used them and these cards are so so so adorable!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love how you continually get all these fabulous sets made... and every one has all these details and coloring, I'm in awe.

Virginia L. said...

Oh my... this set of cards are just the most adorable ones! Love how you used the scallop borers with the design!

Jen M said...

Adorable! I love how the ears are flapping. :)

walchowDesign said...

Beautiful set, Emily! Love the cute long ears! I've a bunny at home which has the same ears too!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH, Em!!! These are super cute--love each one. I was scrolling down your post, and for each card I would say, "OH! I just love that coloring and the papers...." Then I would keep scrolling and I would say OH OH! and the same thing! LOL! You are so amazing! You never disappoint:) LOVE THAT!!!

Scrapcollectr said...

Gonna have to come back to read your entry... but for now, these are way too adorable! Great work with the cutting around them and love the scallop idea..
*smile*

Lindsey said...

These are absolutely adorable, Emily! Flying fairy bunnies make perfect sense to me. Love the colours, the positive/negative scallops and how you tucked the circles under just one scallop.

Vicky Hayes said...

The flapping ears are a stroke of genius! A very cute set - and flat too!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Oh my gosh, super cute set of cards, I heart these, love how you varied the colors on each one!

Jay Gee said...

What a gorgeous set of cards Emily, they are just so adorable!

Gwen said...

SO, SO adorable! Loving those happy bunnies!

Meg said...

Adorable! I love that scallop circle detailing you did--such a fresh look!

Chan said...

These cards are just the cutest things, Emily! Love the details with the scallops! I have the Fairy Friends set in rubber stamp form -- TOO adorable! The frog especially cracks me up! :o)

~Tammy~ said...

Oh my goodness these are just too adorable Emily! I love them to pieces!

Karen B. said...

Yet another set of absolutely adorable cards!

judkajudi said...

Love these cards! Thanks for the directions. What a clever idea having the ears off the circle!!

Jennifer said...

Very CUTE Emily!! Love the papers you used and the rounded corners. Adorable digi images!! (=

Roslyn said...

Those are so cute!

Saskia said...

Lovely cards, so cute!

Julie said...

Absolutely Adorable!

Janna Werner said...

so cute as always, Emily!

Sunghee said...

love how bunnies are sticking out! Really really great look! I don't know how you come up with so many great ideas with cards! Genius!

Heather said...

Love the layout :)