Tuesday, October 9, 2012

{Paper Smooches} Let's Go Chill Out


Kim is sharing this card on the Paper Smooches Blog today. It features the adorable little seal and a sentiment from Chilly Chums! I stamped him on a distressed grey patterned paper to make him look realistic and paired him up with some other pretty papers for a fun circle-shaped card. I recently acquired this waves die and had to use it. It will definitely come in handy for future water scenes. I drew the hill of ice the seal is resting on. ;)


Today's my Monday since yesterday was Canadian Thanksgiving. My son's cold developed into bronchitis over the weekend and I got a sinus infection so we weren't able to celebrate. He's feeling better but I'm feeling worse. Boohoo. I hope you all have a great week!

Sources: Gina K Designs pure luxury white cardstock; Echo Park Be Mine & Holly Jolly Christmas Collections; Paper Smooches Chilly Chums; MFT Die-namics Catch a Wave; Spellbinders Standard Circles Large & Scalloped Circles Large; Memento Tuxedo Black ink; Copic 0.5mm Multiliner; foam tape

28 comments:

Daša said...

I love this card, such a cutie! Hope you'll feel better soon.

Meghan said...

I love round cards and this is perfect! Hope you're back to normal soon!

snappy scrappy said...

So cute! Lee-Ann :)

Aimes said...

So CUTE!
Hugs!
x

Jay Gee said...

This is adorable Emily, love the grey paper you used for him :)

Jen W. said...

Glad to hear the little guy is feeling better but sorry you're still feeling bad. :( No fun especially on a holiday weekend.

Your little card is adorable though. He looks so happy perched on his little ice floe!

Tracey said...

I was sick over Thanksgiving weekend too and still not 100% so I totally feel for you. Hope you and your son are better soon!

Love your card today! Adorable!

Lindsey said...

Well, I just completely love this card. :D Ooh, you have a wave die now? (Another grin.) Hope you feel better soon... like tonight or tomorrow!

Karen B. said...

Most, utterly, and fabulously adorable! Hope you are feeling better soon!

Miriam Prantner said...

He is so sweet, just adorable. So sorry to hear that your holiday was marred by illness! Hope that you are feeling better soon!

Annette Allen said...

aww sorry you are sick...hope you feel better soon...your card is adorable.

Lea L. said...

This is adorable!! Love the waves, and the grey paper you've stamped the seal on is perfect!!

alexandra s.m. said...

I hope you are all doing much better!
I love your card!!
TFS~

Isha Gupta said...

Such an Adorable card Emily. Love it!!!

Jessi Fogan said...

Noooo, feel better! Sinus infections are hard to shake. Glad that D is feeling better, though - it's hard to watch little ones be sick.
That seal is adorable - and the distressed paper is perfect! Love the layers of waves :)

Chan said...

What a ca-yute card! That seal is absolutely adorable! I hope you and your son feel much better soon!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

SOOOOOOO adorable! LOVE the papers! So sorry you guys are sick---hope you feel better SOON!

Jingle said...

Absolutely adorable! I have this set on the way and I CANNOT wait to play with it!

joy said...

Super cute card, Emily! So sorry to hear that you and your son are sick! Hope you will be feeling better sooner than soon.

Unknown said...

Emily, hope that your son and yourself get better soon. My son has a cold again and he had one 2 wks back! Ah, blame the weather in the GTA!

By the way, I love your card and the wave die!

~Tammy~ said...

Hope you're feeling better! I know the feeling! Going on a week here as we'll.

Your card is aborably cute! I love the red background!

Tigriswillreign said...

I absolutely love this! Perfect patterned papers and it's so nice to see a round card!

Kristie W. said...

Super cute!! Love how realistic the seal looks stamped on your paper :)

Kristie
http://mypaperlife.com

Karen Dunbrook said...

love it...so cute and so fun..
hugs,
K

donna mikasa said...

Adorable shaped card! Love those waves! Hope you feel better soon!

Bethany Stellpflug said...

so cute!

Helle said...

such a cute card!!

Lisa Arana said...

Soooo cute, loving the hills.