Friday, May 23, 2014

{Paper Smooches} Congratulations, Retro Arrow & Stars Dies with Inlaid Embossing Paste + Video!


Kim shared this card on the Paper Smooches blog this week. It features the new Congratulations Word Die on a dual-colour Retro Arrow Die with pearlescent embossing paste inlay.


I die cut the Retro Arrow Die to use as a stencil for the embossing paste. Once that was dry, I adhered the lipstick and sunshine panels on top. Then I die cut the Congratulations Word Die from dark chocolate cardstock and Stars Dies from glimmer cardstock, adhering them to the card with liquid adhesive.


If you left a comment on my Southwestern Charm giveaway video, you'll want to watch this video to see if you're the lucky winner!



Thanks so much for stopping by!

Sources:

6 comments:

Samantha Mann said...

What a stunning card!! Love the colors and awesome gold stars!!! And the video rocks!! Your videos are always so inspiring!!

Shelly said...

Such a FUN card, Emily! Love it! And awesome video, thanks for sharing! ;)

Lindsey said...

I love how this card just pops with colour! The different levels of shimmer with the embossing paste and glimmer cardstock add a lot to the fun design, too. This is great!

Lynn said...

A light bulb went on in my head when I saw how you lined up the 'Congratulations'. That really is a great crafting idea. I will definitely take another look at my dies to see what I can do with the negative die cut spaces. Thanks for adding to the possibilities....so grateful that I found your blog site.

Monika Reeck said...

lovely video dear Emily and lovely color combo and using the star put an extra touch...great card as always my dear...missing you on my blog...wish you are healthy there...hugs

Handmade in Israel said...

This is a great card! Love the colours. Love the design.