Sunday, November 18, 2018

{Lawn Fawn} Critter Concert Shaker Tags


This year, my son started playing percussion (yes, all of the percussions instruments) in a junior band outside of school. It's a full-year commitment of several hours a week but he's loving it. This weekend, they were allowed to bring friends, both experienced and inexperienced, to share their joy of music.


If you follow me on Instagram, you know that I love to bake as much as I love to craft and I wanted to make some thank you gifts for Damian's friends. I made Double Chocolate Snowball Cookies and packaged them in little tins with 16 cookies in each!


Lawn Fawn's Critter Concert stamp set and coordinating dies featured the perfect animals for band camp - yes, the owl is playing violin or viola but that doesn't matter. I coloured all four animals with Copic markers (colours are listed below) and paired them up in each snow globe, stamped with Ready, Set, Snow and Ready, Set, Shake.


To make the shaker window, I used the Ready, Set, Snow Shaker Add-On dies. I sponged the base of the background with Faded Jeans distress ink and stamped the music notes in the same colour. I filled the shakers with Studio Katia's 3mm Crystal Clear sequins. They're so super shiny!


My son wanted to write a little thank you note in these tags so I made sure they opened by adding a third solid layer, scored at the back so they would open and close easily. In order to attach the metallic silver string and secure the tag to the tins, I added a little tab from My Favorite Things' Tag Builder Blueprints 6 between the two base layers.


Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies:

4 comments:

Becca Yahrling said...

Funny, I just pulled out my snowglobe from YNS to make a shaker tag with it. I love shakers and love making them, but have never made a tag shaker! Yours are just darling! I think it adds a little something special to the gift since they can also use it as an ornament.

Purple Princess said...

So super cute!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Great idea making a shaker tag. I might have to give that a try myself soon.

Anonymous said...

These are incredible! I love shakers! The animals are super cute and your coloring is wonderful!